new track sortof

• Members

hey guys, heres about a minutes worth of a track I started today. at the moment it is basically just one idea, but I see this one going somewhere. if you have any comments on the mix, or anything, please go ahead, I would be very grateful.

http://www.geocities.com/nipresence/music.htm

click on techish

i'll also take this oppurtunity to explain whats going on with my music at the moment. well, im sure its a situation shared by many around here, but I have trouble finishing things. this year Ive probably only completed 3 or so tracks. the rest of the time, I will start an idea (some get further than others) and then I move on and start another one a couple days later. I mean, I have a list about 20 to 30 songs long at the moment, which I intend to finish, but it gets harder the longer I leave it. any suggestions on how to fix this, other than trying to force it out and finish it any way possible?

anyway. I'm not overly bothered about that, but I dont want it to become too much of a habit. now, to explain my musical style lately. while previously I had done a lot more drum and bass and semi-glitch-influenced stuff, I have now moved onto my own interpretation of breaks. to me, my music is more refined - keeping the ideas and tricks I like as well as generally improving production with the tools I have. however, with this shift, my music is becoming slightly more loop (not as in using loops, but just repetition) based. which isnt entirely a bad thing, but not something I want to stay strictly with.

anyway, thats just something I felt like telling you all. does anyone else like breaks or similar? anyone making this kinda music? Id be happy to have a listen!

- Joe

• Members

Hey Joe

Beautifully slick as ever and varied enough to maintain the interest. I enjoyed this very much, both for your melodic arrangement and your drum programming and processing.

Both soothing and energetic in parts this is a very nice well rounded composition.

I'm no fan of DnB, but that's irrelevant, the work and skill is evident and the trip was an enjoyable one.

Cheers

Loreman

• Members

Hello, I listened, I like it, I 'd add more bass sounds, i mean more punch on it, I dont know how to explain, besides more noises in the background or something, let us know when finished:)

any suggestions on how to fix this, other than trying to force it out and finish it any way possible?

Well , in my opinion i think it is good, whatever the lenght of your song , (does not matter if it last 1 minute or 5 ) to think in an intro part, a middle part and a final part and IMO in a melody added in the midle part. To me the melody is one of the most importan parts in a song because it takes you away does not matter if in the background sound a loop. Thinking in to finish a long song can be stressing, I think it is better to have a 50 to 90 seconds song but that can transmit sentiments to the listener than to make a 5 minute long song but without variations or unespected chord changes or melody or sounds changes,

Just my opinion, have a great day:)

• Members

Originally posted by Allerian

Holy crap dude, really good stuff. Do you use the MD for all your drums?

thanks for the kind words :) . no I dont use MD exclusively for all my drums but I nearly almost use it for some part of the percussion/drum parts. this doesnt apply to some of the older songs when I didnt have my md yet.

- Joe

Archived