Do you have synths, that you wanna sell, but you are not completely sure?

Needle201

• Members

I have this going on for years with the Machinedrum, and partly with the Novation Nova, but the Nova is so cheap now, its almost no use in selling it..

You know, somehow you feel maybe one day you might regret it.

Do you have similar stories?

And what are your views on selling stuff?:)

• Members

Yes, all of my stuff, but mostly my M1R. I bought it, sold it, then bought it back. Now I'm unsure if I want to sell it. I have this unexplained connection to late-80's, early-90's synths. Maybe it's because I've been listening to a lot of New Age from that era. :eek:

But hell, if you sell an old piece of gear, chances are you can always find it for sale at a cheaper price much later. That is, unless it ends up being the analog thing, in which case you'd have to pay more to acquire it later. Who knows. :o

• Members

Yep. My Yamaha SW1000XG. I paid about AU$1k, and two years later it's a glorified SoundBlaster. :rolleyes:

I'd sell it, but it's still marginally useful. Plus, I doubt I'd be able to sell it for much. Softsynths have really left it in the dust. :(

Forever,

Kim.

• Members

Yeah I'd sell a SW1000XG but actually you can get decent money for it because it still works as an audio interface and synth, has effects, and works under WinXP.

I have a few duplicate items I'd sell because I used to have two studio locations so I have two of each:

MKS80, TG500, TG77, Wavestation SR, D550, U220, V3.

Others I have another version of are Supernova II so I don't really need an A Station; I have a Q so I don't really need Micro Q; I have an Indigo 2 so I don't need a Virus rack; I have two Creamware A16 A/D converters so I don't need an A8 A/D converter and a few other items-

1 Yamaha DSP Factory and AX44, Alesis 1622, Tascam USB428; 2- Studio 5s; 3- Korg KMX 62s, and Roland PC300 controller keyboard.

I haven't been actively selling them out of laziness and because I don't need to raise cash, but if anyone is interested PM me.

• Members

I most definitely would not regret selling my PSR 2000...that thing is a) mass produced, and b) useless compared to what I could have gotten for it's original price.

I can't stop kicking myself for making a purchase like that.

• Members

For me, selling equipment has been more of a phase kind of thing. When I bought my first synth, an Alpha Juno-1, in '91, I was heavily into New Age and ambient stuff. I also bought a Casio CZ-101. Of course, I ended up selling both of them as I experimented more into the jazzier realm and bought a Roland D-5, my first rompler. I was still a pad fanatic when I sold the D-5 and bought the Wavestation in '94, brand new, recently out of box, for $800, which was a great deal back then. I can't recall anything of what I've sold that I've regretted ever selling.

Tuck

• Members

i had this with Yamaha TX802.

first i got it, it was great having all those DX sounds again.

then i didnt use it much, and then i got the FS thinking it'll cover it. so i've sold it.

later i realized FS doesn't cover TX exactly, there's is something raw in the lower fidelity converters on TX, and algorithms are only 98% the same, and FS is a bit sluggish to MIDI. besides FS would usually gert tied up providing its specific sounds, leaving dx uncovered.. blah blah..

so i bought it again.

and nowadays, i'm really not sure how often do i have the need for fm dx-style sounds at all.

dammit..

Archived