E-mu Vintage keys? worth buying?

arpeggio

• Members

I'd like the keyboard , mainly just for some nice sounds any thoughts where they still have them for sale (new or old) without paying top price at E-Mu corporate.? I've looked at e-bay, zz sounds and musician center and some others but no one seems to carry them.

• Members

Originally posted by arpeggio

I'd like the keyboard , mainly just for some nice sounds any thoughts where they still have them for sale (new or old) without paying top price at E-Mu corporate.? I've looked at e-bay, zz sounds and musician center and some others but no one seems to carry them.

Well I still don't know if you mean the old keyboard or the new one, but either way you shouldn't pay over $200, especially since you don't want to take advantage of all these synths have to offer in terms of creating your own sounds. When it was new the new keyboard model (the VK-6) went for as little as $400.

With Ebay you have to keep checking every day, it's always changing. Good luck. :)

• Members

without paying top price at E-Mu corporate.?

All of E-MU's hardware has been discontinued, so I doubt if E-MU itself has any left. The keyboard version is rare--not that many made.

I have a Vintage Pro module.....Mellotron sounds are good, most vintage synth sounds are above average with some tweaking. The pianos, rhodes, wurli and hammond sounds suffer from low volumes and are a bit thin. This is a personal observation, however, I've heard the same from other owners. Also, there are WAY too many drum samples on board. Waste of ROM.

Prices vary.....there were a few online stores that had the Vintage Pro module for $399 a few months ago, but I'm sure they are all gone. Some people are selling these on eBay for more than they are worth so watch out.

Archived