What did YOU do this morning? Finally, some live clips to share

wheresgrant3

• Members

It's 8pm and I've been up for nearly 18 hours. I had a gig this morning... yes a "gig" this AM. We are the favorite local band of two popular radio DJ's Kevin Karlson and Andrew Mackenzie... on 101.5 WPDH FM ... the largest FM station in our area. Their format is classic rock & roll (classic meaning anything played prior to 1990 except Blues Traveler, Dave Matthews and The Black Crowes. The K&M Morning Show is a local version of Opie & Anthony. Funny shock radio. So this morning we were invited for the second time to participate in their "Breast Fest" event.

Breast Feast is an event to raise money for Breast cancer awareness... well sort of. They basically rent a local bar and run the morning show from it, live remote. They start broadcasting from 5:30 am and the bar opens at 6 am. Inside they had 15 Deep Fried Turkeys... and lots of beer. Oh, and strippers too. You see Breast Fest is not only an opportunity to raise awareness for breast cancer.. it is also a chance to see some naked women at 6am. One of the sponsors is Sunset Strip... a local adult entertainment establishment (I've never been there...I swear;) )and they bring down 9 or 10 girls and hold a Queen Ms Breast Fest contest... the winner provides a free lapdance for a live audience member.

KM1.jpg

KM3.jpg

Since I joined the band in March, it was my first time experincing this event. At first we just played 30 sec intros and outros like the SNL band... as they broke for commercials, plugged the event, sponsors and ... even us (you can't pay for advertising like that!). Then as the crowd started to thicken and people got pretty wasted we were told to just keep playing and they would talk over us. So alot of our setlist was played live in the background all over the mid-Hudson Valley. I'll have some pics to post soon (don't worry Scott, Yoozer... they're clean) however I have some MP3's to share with you guys of my band playing live finally. I had lugged my Sony Minidisck recorder to try to come up with a crappy recording. Instead of trying to place mics on the already cramped floor I just auxed in to the radio station's feed as they were recording the event. Of course the quality of the recording isn't the best. The mic's were no where near the band... sound just dropes out for no reason.... but it does give picture of the energy we play and how we interact with the crowd. You can also hear my crappy attempts at playing funk!!! :D Actually I don't it's that bad at all... I just play withing my abilities. It's all smoke and mirrors my friends.

This recording is quite long. It's one long continious medley we play... 8 songs, rock, funk and hip hop.... about 14 1/2 minutes. One of the highlights of our set (we have a few more, including a new wave medley and a classic rock medley). This was song long that I decided to cut it into three segments. I'm not sure how much broadband I have so we will see it this crashes my site. The music also occasional drops out even so often. Not sure if that was my minidisck or their "FM" feed. Let me know if you can't download or stream this media.

Sunset Funk part 1

Sunset Funk part 2

(my favorite clip :cool:)

Sunset Funk part 3

I have played in alot of rock cover bands in the years, and musically... this is the best group of guys I have ever played with. I feel like I am at the top of my game..... (even though I just started out). Plus there are some pretty funny things going on with the lyrics and in the background. It's a good listen if you have the time. Any constructive critque or helpful advice... is mondo appreciated.

Peace Brothas!:cool:

Archived