OT: Phish displays very cool article of clothing

ExplodingBoy

• Members

I'm actually building this very device. Not in dress form, but the same idea.

My version is a 24"x36" foamcore board with cassette tape covering the entire surface and a corded playing stylus with a tape head. The biggest struggle has been deciding what source material to use - it's a real pain to assemble the board, so I want it to be really interesting to use. Frankly I have a hard time believing anyone could stitch recording tape, but if I read it on the internet, it's gotta be true.

Edit: Just found the artist's site - I'd been there before, now I know what "dress" we're talking about. Yeah, glad mine is a board.

• Members

Originally posted by Allerian

I'm actually building this very device. Not in dress form, but the same idea.

My version is a 24"x36" foamcore board with cassette tape covering the entire surface and a corded playing stylus with a tape head. The biggest struggle has been deciding what source material to use - it's a real pain to assemble the board, so I want it to be really interesting to use. Frankly I have a hard time believing anyone could stitch recording tape, but if I read it on the internet, it's gotta be true.

pretty cool idea!

i think found samples would be the most interseting source material. but thats just me. maybe you could use a combination of found samples and samples of your own synth noodlings?

Archived