leslie simulaters

• Members

Anybody here have experience with the new round of leslie sims?

I am interested in how the H&K Rotosphere II compares to the Voce Spin II, Little Lanelei products, and Option-5 Destination: Rotation. I used to have a Motion Sound Pro3-T and IMO that pretty well set the standard.

So come on you gear sluts :D help me out!

• Members

I've owned and used most of the Leslie simulators pretty extensively and have a Leslie 122 that I prefer when I need to move air. I have not tried Little Lanelei. I do like the H&K better than the Spin...the tube in the H&K makes it warmer and it can get grittier in a more natural way. You should also check out a Dynacord CLS-222. One of the very best Leslie sims out there. Analog circuitry with a "super stereo" mode that is amazing. That is probably my favorite of the non-rotary products. Also, the Korg G4 is pretty decent.

None of these will hold a candle to the Motion Sound.

What is your organ sound source?

Regards,

Eric

• Members

eric,

my sound source will be a Hammond L-122 that I hopefully will be picking up next week. Eventually I hope to get a real leslie, but for now I would like something I can also take to a gig. A google search shows a fair number of L-122 owners who play out or even record with their Hammond using the Rotosphere.

The Little Lanelei with the 10" speaker sounds promising at about $100 more than a Rotosphere- but I can't find any reviews written by keyboard players.

The Rotosphere sounds like it may come in handy as a tube preamp alone, probably no Speakeasy for those purposes though.

Good to hear from you but BTW- D minor is NOT the saddest of all keys because "He Stopped Lovin' Her Today" is in "G". :D

Archived