FS - LINE 6 FM-4 PROJECT

kingnimrod

• Members

My loss is your gain. The mode pot on my FM-4 was loose and wasn't controlling reliably, so I called line 6 and they sent me 4 replacement pots. I decided to replace 4 of the pots that were loose, including the mode pot, thinking it would be a simple fix. Apparently my soldering skills are weak, because after replacing these pots it no longer functions correctly.

Bypassed signal goes through, but when I activate the pedals it either goes quiet or very muffled. All 4 switches activate, and the rotary wheel switches modes.

So, this is a potentially easy fix, but obviously way over my head. These components on the PCB are tiny and I have no idea what I'm doing.

So if you are a modder/repair guy and either want to buy this to fix or turn into a glitch machine, today is your lucky day. I'm kicking myself because I need this pedal, but I don't want to destroy this one trying to do any more to it. I can't guarantee that you'll be able to fix it, because I can't judge your skills. Seems like there are some knowledgeable people on the board.

As far as cosmetic shape, see the photos.

$100 obo shipped CONUS. Will not ship internationally.

fm4_1.jpg

fm4_2.jpg

fm4_3.jpg

fm4_4.jpg

fm4_5.jpg

fm4_6.jpg

• Members

You plug in the unit to your power supply and then hold down the A and D buttons as you plug in a guitar cable to the input. All the LEDs will flash and it will set it back to the factory settings. I had to do this to a DL-4 after replacing all the pots. Your soldering looks pretty clean from your pics so this will probably get it working again.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived