Quick ProTools / X Station question

ExplodingBoy

• Members

It says that the X Station can be set up to control DAWs. For example, the faders can be used for channels, the play stop rewind etc buttons can be applied to those functions on Digital Performer, Sonar and the like.

Since ProTools is such a closed system, does that mean that I WOULD NOT be able to use the X Station in such a way with ProTools LE?

I was totally set on getting the X Station as my controller for my Fs1R but just found a few dissapointments...

It's monotimbral

No vocoder (I really want a VA with a vocoder)

Would the KS5 be almost as good for controlling other synths like the FS1r?

• Members

Not sure about Vsti.. I think you can get a wrapper so that it supports it. Otherwise it's DXI or whatever the other one is called.

You can get the factory bundle for about $450 I think. That includes not only the Bomb Factory Plug Ins, but also the JoeMeek Compressor and Limiter as well as a few other plus ins like the MoogerFooger Analog Delay. You basically pay $100 more for the factory bundle but you get an additional $300 worth of plug ins over the regular MBox so it seems like a good deal.

I considered Sonar, Cubase and the other DAWs, but I just like the simplicity of ProTools. I don't do a whole lot of software or MIDI stuff so I just want a basic, stable and high quality DAW. ProTools delivers that for an affordable price plus you get pretty decent Focusrite mic pres in the MBox.

• Members

I have a joe meekvc6q so im a big fan.

Sounds like a great package. However, im concerned about the lack of vsti.

You are really limiting yourself without that option. If you can afford expensive pro tools plugs and have a room full of gear it's no big deal but......

There are a ton of great vsti's out there, commercial and free from Reaktor to Crystal.

Have you downloaded the demo of Tracktion? It has fantastic vsti ability, but is also very simple to use, more like pro tools. Give it a shot, I think you might like it.

• 1 year later...

Archived