I'm back from vacation.... and my Triton LE is DOA!

wheresgrant3

• Members

I've just returned from a 9 day vacation powered up my Triton LE and.... zip~ No power! The last time I used it was a gig on New Year's Eve and it worked fine. After the gig, I powered down my Triton, packed it up and stored it along with my Roland XP30 in their flight cases. Usually I remove my synths from my car after each gig, however this time they spent the week in my band's trailer, where it was very cold. This wasn't my desired plan however my girlfriend and I had to catch a 7 am flight to Miami the next morning. I doubt the weather had anything to do with this, considering I've stored all types of electronic equipment in various weather conditions. The Triton was never exposed to any direct moisture, just cold weather. In addition, my Roland XP30 is fine, along with my digital Line 6 Pod pre-amp.

I plugged in the external power supply, and it is getting warm indicating that it's probably working. The power button seems to engage properly and this synth was handled as always... very gingerly. I don't believe there are any fuses inside the Triton, but I could be wrong. Has anyone run into this situation before?

• Members

Yeah.... that was my first thought ... the LCD display... but it's dead. Zzzzipt! Kaput! I've had a feeling something was going to happen. About 6 months ago, it stopped saving new changes to any programs and I had to save everything to Smart Media. I contacted Korg to troubleshoot but they couldn't really help without me shipping it to an authorized service center. I never got around to it (I gig nearly every weekend) I don't believe these two are related, however it damage my cofidence in the LE's long term reliability.

It might be something as simple as the power supply. It is almost 3 years old, and even though the transformer block is warm, it may not be suppling juice to the board. I hope to pick up a replacement tommorow.

• Members

a suggestion - next time allow it to warm up inside the flight case for @ least 8 hours if it has been in the cold for a few days. i think i'd let it go overnight, to be safe, if it was in really cold temps for a long time.

rapid temp changes really play havoc w/electronics. especially if you run current through them too soon after exposure to higher temps.

hope the board is ok. good luck.

Archived