What is your dream setup?

ApolloBoy

• Members

This would be mine...

Roland JX-10 (which I've already got, of course)

Yamaha DX-7 (again, I've already got this one)

Oberheim OB-X

Minimoog

ARP Odyssey

Roland SH-2

Ensoniq EPS 16+

Yamaha AN-1x

Roland Juno-60

Univox Maxi-Korg K-3 (aka Korg 800DV)

Korg DW-8000

Roland SH-3a

Roland TR-808

Sequential Circuits Pro-One

Kurzweil K2000

Yamaha CS-30

Casio CZ-101

Waldorf MicroWave XT

Rhodes Chroma

LinnDrum

Oberheim 2-Voice

Korg MicroKorg

Alesis Ion

Moog Sonic-6

Roland D-50

Yamaha TX-81Z

I could actually afford some of those synths, but some of them I'll have to wait on for a very long time (you know which ones I'm talking about)...

• Members

My first impulse was to post a list of badass stuff I think is cool, like a Buchla 200e, an Eventide Orville, a Kurzweil KSP8, etc.

Honestly though, that's not what I dream of. I just dream of a setup that sounds decent but more importantly has really good workflow.

• Members

my dream setup would be, if i "limit" to ten boards:

Rhodes Mark I

Steinway Grand

Alesis Andromeda

Jupiter 8

Minimoog Model D

Hartmann Neuron

Memorymoog LAMM (or OBXa)

Yamaha CS80

Fairlight II-x (SSM filters, yummy!!)

Prophet Rev2

2 down.. 1 about to be bought.. 7 to go.. (maybe in next life :D )

if i'll need more digital and hybrid stuff - i'll borrow from Array. hehe..

• Members

3 synths? That's simple. I'll take an Andromeda, Arp 2600, and a Minimoog.

hehehe, nice selection there...

for me, it would be

Nord Electro 73

Nord G2 with keyboard.

DSI evolver

Yamaha FS1R

Access Virus TI.

i think thats about it.... :p

*edit*

and of course, a MachineDrum.... mabey lose the TI if its limited to 5..

• Members

Interesting how many would prefer the older technology...

I had a vision last night - I was thinking of the rumored new Korg "open" synth and suddenly I realized OF COURSE - Korg sells softsynths so a softsynth-host-keyboard would be a logical product. Being able to swap around VSTi's and maybe even effects within a keyboard and without a computer would be way cool. And the number of classic synths that are available in soft form is growing every day... bet we see a ton of them at NAMM.

If we're talking "dream setup" then I'd rather dream about what's yet to come. I'd like a real "Open synth" with a ton of controls... the question is who can make it portable and affordable? Let the softsynth-host wars begin! :D

• Members

I'm pretty close to it already. While I'd love a Minimoog I can get close enuf with my JP8000 AND get 8-voice poly when needed.

I have my Hammond A100.

While I'd love a Rhodes and a Clavinet and a grand piano and a Mellotron and a string machine and yadayadayada I also wouldn't be able to arange all of 'em in a playable way. So my Rhodes MK80 and Alesis QS7.1 have sounds that do the job and the MK80 has a good piano feel. And it all fits together in what seems to me a natural fashion.

Yeah, I'm pretty much there.

• Members

if i could have my dream setup it would consist of about 6 g5 x-serves all noded with logic pro 7, and a raid. a really sweet desk to put it all in. that 30 inch mac display. a really nice keyboard controller. several different monitor speakers. a killer sample collection and some nice outboard compressors/pres along with a bitchen sound card. i'm guessing a setup like that would only cost me about $25,000! :mad:

• Members

Kurzweil K2661 ( Have a K2600 but on second thought would have preferred this or a loaded rack.)

Virus TI (In a couple years when the prices go south)

Nord G2X ( Trade up from my modular, wish they'd make a table top)

T.C. Fireworx ( After I fix and sell my DPS-V77)

Sherman 2 (Soon)

EMX-1 (Have it)

ESX-1

Vostok (Eventually)

Omega 8 (Yeah right)

That new Hartman thing (probably just use the Virisyn soft synths instead)

Voyetra 8 (Good luck finding one)

Mini Moog rack

Poly-volver rack and keyboard

Soundart Chameleon MK2

Microwave 1 with programmer (on second thought my XT's a better choice, just expand the voices)

(Theoretical) Alesis Ion 2, 24 voices, 8 multi, reverb and sequencer of the micron, quality 61 keys (or table-top) 4 Oscillators and 4 OP FM. (I'd like that very much)

Xpander (should have realeased an evolved remake of this with 4 good digital oscillators, faster envelopes, and kept the filters instead of the OB-12)

Alot of this is pretty unrealistic but's it's keeping with the thread title. Didn't bother to list effects and such for the most part. Realistically I'll probablly skip the Omega, the Voyetra and the Xpander and get an MKS-80. I had a REV 5 I sold to fund a more practical purchase and I thought even that sounded pretty damn good (although it did take a while to grow on me.)

• Members

acccess virus TI

Roland Jupiter 8

Oberheim xpander

roland tb303

roland tr909/808

Yamaha FS1r

Eventide Eclipse

Lexicon pcm91

Mutronic's Mutator or the mcbeth filter...

Kyma

This is actually my goal in the next few years its not too crazy... May change with new synths coming out

• Members

A hammerweighted wooden keyboard midi controller (yeah i know they don't exist but we're dreaming right?)

Nord modular G2 (for rich killer leads and smooth basses, YEA!)

A good DAW

A good VSTi sampler

A HUGE custom sample library

an analog filter is also a cool addition.

A good piano/rhodes/wurly/clav/organ tone generator.

this covers my gigging and studio dreams basically.

I already have 2 of them; the g2 and a good DAW. by the way anyone know of a good free VSTi sampler?

Archived