Sampler Comparison

zarquin

• Members

Hi all.

asking more questions again...

I'm thinking of getting a sampler to go with my sequncer...

I've been thinking of a few different models.

such as the Emu E5000, e6400 or e4k, the akai S3000xl or the Kurzweil k2000RS.

being in Australia they need to be rack units to keep the shipping costs low....

so my questions are, whats the difference between the emu models? it looks just like the basic setup, they all can be upgraded to the same equivilent model...

what do people think of the models comparisons? Its for instrument playback, not just loop playback....

yeah, comment away.

Ta.

• Members

Originally posted by zarquin

I've been thinking of a few different models.

such as the Emu E5000, e6400 or e4k, the akai S3000xl or the Kurzweil k2000RS.

what do people think of the models comparisons? Its for instrument playback, not just loop playback....

The K2600 is way more than a sampler, and probably way more expensive too. It's also a very deeper synth. It will probably have some of the instruments you're looking to sample and play in it's ROM (no load time). Needless to say, if you can get one, go for it. I love my K2600.

The Akai has a limit of 32 MB, doesn't it? I think the others are 128 MB.

• Members

urbanscallywag:

yes, it will still be expensive, but on the whole cheaper than trying to buy the equivilent thing here locally. quite sad really. As for why hardware. I like it more. I want to use it for live work, and i have seen my friends band, who do use a computer have too many problems with random device conflicts etc at the gig.

i know that samplers can have bugs and crashes, but they're slightly more defined.

I have found that i prefer my command station to running something in reason etc. even though there isn't so much sound potential....

just call me weird :p

Archived