Glasses Fuses-For DW8000

wheresgrant3

• Members

Over a year ago my DW8000 stopped working out of the blue. Determined to diagnose the problem on my own I decided to take it apart and send pics to my buddy in North Carolina who is a guitar wizard and an electrician.

kb11.jpg

He identified the problem right away... a blown 630ma fuse.

kb08.jpg

Replace the fuse I should be as good as new. Well that is easier said than done.... I can't seem to find a 250 V, 5mmx20mm, 630 ma fuse anywhere in the US. I've checked Auto zone, NAPA, electronics stores, Radio Shack, Lowes, Home Depot and online. No one has these in stock. To order I need to order a bundle. The UK has dealers all over the place... but in the US glass fuses have gone by the wayside like 8-track. Anyone know where I can order these online in the US?

• Members

Whoa!

I gotta check mine out now, perhaps that's the problem as well.

BTW, did yours just die suddenly, or did it quickly fade out over the course of a single day like mine did?

Also BTW, do you know what type of round battery it takes: I had mine taken out the last time I tried to have it fixed and can't remember what happened to it.

• Members

Originally posted by Gleotch!

Whoa!

BTW, did yours just die suddenly, or did it quickly fade out over the course of a single day like mine did?

Also BTW, do you know what type of round battery it takes: I had mine taken out the last time I tried to have it fixed and can't remember what happened to it.

http://www.pallium.com/bryan/dwbattery.php

Can be replaced with a CR2032. :D

• Members

Originally posted by Gleotch!

Whoa!

Mine just died! I played it, pout it back in it's case, pulled it out a week later and no power. I replaced the power chord too. No power. I was frustrated and talking out how it wasn't even worth fixing (and I had just bought it on HC Classifieds 3 months prior) and my buddy in NC was like, "open it up and take a few pics.." so I did and he calls me and says take out the fuse and see if the metal contacts are still intact... they weren't Bingo!

Archived