OT-Spam DW8000 w/ Angel City Upgrade for sale

wheresgrant3

• Members

Not a big item....j ust passing this along. Selling my DW8000 with the Angel City Upgrade Mod for $250+ shipping. Would love to keep it but I rarely use it anymore. I rarely use it anymore and I just want to find a nice home for it. Any questions or interested offers feel free to PM me. I can give you all the details behind this synth.

• Members

Yup! It expands from 64 banks to 512 user banks. It's a blank palette just waiting for paint and a brush. And that alone is worth the price of admission. For more than a year this synth was sidelined by a bad fuse. A few days ago I got around to ordering it and now it's as good as new. Incidently I'll supply 4 spare fuses... that's a total value of $1.39. ;)

I love the filters on this beast. It is easy and fun to program. Alas, with an XP30, Triton, MS2000B, an Alesis Micron on the way and hopefully a Yamaha EX7 next month, I just don't have room for this unit anymore.

• Members

Originally posted by BillyWa

What all does the angel city upgrade do? Just patch banks or other stuffs, too? Maybe I'll sell my plain ole DW and go for this one?

The Upgrade Mod was produced my Angel City Music... a shop out of Western CT which is no longer in business. It's a user installed board that just added some features like layer/split, patch volume and most important extra storage. It is pretty neat, considering how limited a stock DW8000 is ... and what a pain it is to load data by cassette (what were they thinking?!?!?!).

I'm sorta surprised at the demand of this board. A few years back people were unloading these for $150. Maybe I should have put this baby on Ebay for no reserve $ :D

• Members

I just saw a stock DW-8000 (in mint shape) go for $379 on eBay. Friggin $379!!!! I'm definitely holding onto mine.

The Angel City mod also gives the DW a sample-and-hold pattern in the LFO (mod generator).

You can still store patches or patch banks to PC on a stock DW quite easily with Anthony Ruggeri's DW-8000 librarian/editor (still available on the web). Cassette storage was common in early-mid 80s, they weren't thinking anything out of the norm for that time period.

Archived