Vintage '81 Pro Co Rat Distortion Pedal w/ LM308 + Tone - Very Rare Original V.1

cutterchristian

• Members

Currently posted on ebay HERE.

If you're in the market for some real Mojo, then look no further because you just found it!

This very rare and highly sought after pedal is an all original early 1981 (version 1) with the LM308 chip and all original caps, pots, wires, feet and hardware. Pot codes are 1378118 which date this pedal to early '81 and the serial and "Tone" knob show that it is also a very rare early "81 model. (Later '81 version 2 models to present have a "Filter" knob instead of "Tone") The "Tone" knob works clockwise so that rotating CCW is for lower tone and CW is for higher tone whereas the newer models with the "Filter" option is reversed.

You probably won't find another one of these anywhere else so this may be your one chance to own this extraordinary piece of history and increase your Mojo to the max!

There are of course the usual scratches and "character marks" from normal use (see photos) but otherwise this pedal has been professionally maintained and it looks great, works great and sounds just as amazing as the day I bought it. 

I've been playing for over 35 years now and out of all of the pedals I've bought, used and sold over the years, this original Rat distortion is the only one that I've kept and loved all these years. I really hate to sell this rare original, but the fact is that I just don't tour as much as I used to and this truly awesome pedal deserves to be back in the spotlight and shared with the masses once again!

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me and I'll try to answer as best I can.

IMAG1100.jpg

IMAG1089.jpgIMAG1092.jpg

IMAG1093.jpgIMAG1104.jpg

IMAG1103.jpg

Archived