FS: Pefftronics SB-101 Rand-O-Matic - RARE - Fully Working!

opiante

• Members

FS: A super rare, super odd Pefftronics Super Rand-O-Matic

These are now pretty rare and hard to come by.. many of them have flaked out ver the years cause they tend to be very sensitive to power adapters.

This pedal is really unique... there are so many modulation pedals out there, many many combine modulation and delay to produce interesting sounds.. but nothing does it quite the same as a Rand-O-Matic, with its crazy random mode and it strange combination of delayed modulations and feedback circuits... It is one of the dreamiest pedals I've ever seen, offering some very unique sounds... To me this one always felt like a My Bloody Valentine secret weapon, allowing time to advance and slow down in such interesting ways...

But whats the point of droning on.. If you're looking at this post you probably know what this is. You also probably know that the circuit boards in these things were left with no lables so they can't be copied. So if you want one, you have to find an original which wasn't abused and is in fine working shape....

And here it is.. a barely used, one owner Rand-O-Matic. I bought this one new about 12-15 years ago, I don't even remember exactly when they came out. It spent its entire life in my studio's 'pedal arsenal' closet, having been used for a total of maybe 10 hours. I pulled it out recently and hearing about how so many of these didn't survive, I took it dow to the guys at 30th Street Guitars in nYC (a place with great pedal techs and plenty of experience)... They basically dusted off the insides and gave it a clean bill of health. The only piece of advice they had was to always use the battery cause these are notoriously sensitive to AC adapters. And yes, to my ears this thing sounds exactly the same as the day I bought it.

So here's your chance to get a clean Rand-O-Matic for your owncollection.

I've had a little trouble trying to price this one.. I see that in the past even non-working examples have fetched $300 even though its doubtful they could be repaired. I've seen past listings going up to $800.00 in some cases.

I want to price this one fairly, so I'll ask $600.00 for it including PayPal and shipping. I'm open to any feedback letting me know if I priced this fairly.

Please email me directly at ooiate@opiate.org, as I don't check my PM's too regularly.

Only specific trades would be considered, looking for:

Fulltone Tape Echo

Mooger MF-104-M Analog Delay (only he MIDI model(

Pete Cornish pedals.

Z-Vex Machine

Z-Vex Instant Lo-Fi Junky

Roger Mayer Vision Wah

Some other MoogerFooger or Z-Vex pedals (only USA Z-Vex please).

Archived