DIY DL4 Mod/Switch Kits - by 'drasp'

drasp

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Quote Originally Posted by OnWingsOfLead View Post
Awesome!! Thanks for your help, and for inspiring me to hot rod the piss out of a DL4!

Could I purchase then, the instructions/ kit for the double presets mod thingie. Also, I still wouldn't mind a stomp switch to go expression pedal, to mod
You're certainly welcome! No need to have a stomp to select between EXP pedal & EXP Stomp - depending on how you choose to wire it, you can have the external expression pedal automatically defeat the internal EXP Stomp. wink.gif

Also, YGPM.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • Members

hey just got onto this thing here and was wandering if you could send me a quote for a DIY kit with the 'double presets' and postage to UK?

just so i'm getting this right, that pretty much gives me 6presets, does that allow me to have them all completely different delay's(eg Digital, analog, sweep, multi-head,tape, stereo) or is it still 3delay's with 2 different parameter settings(eg digital, tape, analog)?Does that make sense?Oh and do the LED's change colour when your on the second setting?

P.s. these look sweet!!

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by bellaigio View Post
hey just got onto this thing here and was wandering if you could send me a quote for a DIY kit with the 'double presets' and postage to UK?

just so i'm getting this right, that pretty much gives me 6presets, does that allow me to have them all completely different delay's(eg Digital, analog, sweep, multi-head,tape, stereo) or is it still 3delay's with 2 different parameter settings(eg digital, tape, analog)?Does that make sense?Oh and do the LED's change colour when your on the second setting?

P.s. these look sweet!!
Thanks! I'll send you a PM w/ a quote - the kit is small so the extra S&H isn't bad at all.

I have a better explanation of the 'EXP Stomp' mod in my main DL4 Mods thread HERE. To quote from that thread:

I offer a range of expression (EXP) options that take advantage of the DL4s deep & powerful stock expression controls. Instead of taking up the real estate on your board for a dedicated expression pedal, you can have either a large knob (EXP knob) mounted on either side of the pedal (or even on top for those of you with extra tight boards!) or a stomp switch w/ status indicator (EXP switch) which jumps between 'heel' and 'toe' positions. I can even combine the two with either a toggle or foot switch to select between them. For those who haven't yet explored the possibility of expression controls on a DL4, it really is fantastic. You can adjust, by foot & on the fly, things like the loop mix, delay settings in looping mode, or shifting between two 'snapshots' within any of your presets. NOTE: These mods are often referred to as the 'double preset' mod - this is a misleading name, as you can see.
Short answer: no, you don't get 6 presets, what you DO get is 2 'snapshots' on each of the three preset stomps (A through C). The EXP knob mod is more powerful, especially when combined w/ the EXP momentary mod, but I understand that some folks prefer the simplicity of the EXP stomp. wink.gif

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Members

I assume it should work, but what would you sell me a switch+exp switch kit for a dm4 for? I dont really care about the leds but if they're cheap enough I'd like to go violet/blue. Am I correct in assuming the new stomp switches you're selling will replace the old chinsy plastic switches?

• Members

I'd love to sell you a kit! biggrin.gif

Pricing is in the first post - same for the MM4/FM4/DL4/DM4.

For ordering info, please shoot me a PM. :thumb:

Quote Originally Posted by membranoid View Post
I assume it should work, but what would you sell me a switch+exp switch kit for a dm4 for? I dont really care about the leds but if they're cheap enough I'd like to go violet/blue. Am I correct in assuming the new stomp switches you're selling will replace the old chinsy plastic switches?

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Members

Post edited, response received, thank you sir, I didn't mean to disrespect or hurt you, they did somehow start to end up in my spam filter even though none of the ones before did. I got your messages now, I was simply trying to contact you, not call you out. I got worried, but looks like it was unwarrented.

• 3 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived