Mac G3, how much would you pay? Mac G3, how much would you pay?

hyperstationjr

• Members

no upgrades, it's just being used for an Oasys PCI, whcih just needs a 200mHz proccessor and 64mb of ram, so its being used as is. It's not going to be my main computer, just for this one peice of hardware and some sample/synth editors.

Either way, I guess it's too much money?? Although I have't seen these specs for much less.. apprently about 75-120 is the range for a 300-400mHz machine with more than 125mb of ram, and most only com with about 6 gigs or so, so a 10 gig is nice, and it's all I need to store drum samples for my MPC and synth patches. The zip drive is nice too...

• Members

you should probably go ahead and buy it. If you are patient, then wait until you find a better outfitted one for the same price. I just bought a powermac 9600, 640 ram, 2 hard drives, and a cd burner,and cd rom, for $$65. Then found a 350 g3 upgrade for $29.

you can find a better deal, if you are willing to wait a few days.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=14912&item=5753269351&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=14911&item=5753571196&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=4607&item=5167307416&rd=1

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=14911&item=5754208502&rd=1

• Members

Acctually, I foudn the exact machine I'm looking for, similar as the one I just spoke about, but with Os9 (which i NEED) as well as a 15gig HD which is nice. it's a little more expensive ($120) but I get exactly what I need and No headaches which is all I want at this point... I'm just waiting for him to answer a few questions about Restore CDs and a Firewire port and I should just about be ready to buy it...

• Members

oh and thos emachines were nice, esspecially the 466 machine, but I'm basically just lookign to buy it today or tommorrow and just be done with all this mess (been trying to get the Oasys to work for weeks now). I think for doing what I'm doing, 350mHz and 250mb of ram will do me fine. Just install the Oasys, and a Midisport 2x2, install the Oasys and Nord Editor software and I'm ready to roll.

One last thing, will just about any Monitor do? I have an old HP Pavilion attached to my current mac (just for fun) running at 1280x1024 res and millions of colors. Will that work fine on the older macs?

• Members

been doign some googling, apparently from what I read, the Blue and white G3s used SDram, does that mean I can take 2 125mb ram sticks from my old PC and put it in the MAC for a total of 375/500mb of ram?

Also, what about HDs? I have a 20gig HD from an HP PC, what kind of HD does the G3 take and would I be able to use my old HD without erasing it?

Thanks fo all your help by the way... Just trying to do as much research as I can before I click that "Buy now" button...

• Members

Originally posted by hyperstationjr

been doign some googling, apparently from what I read, the Blue and white G3s used SDram, does that mean I can take 2 125mb ram sticks from my old PC and put it in the MAC for a total of 375/500mb of ram?

Also, what about HDs? I have a 20gig HD from an HP PC, what kind of HD does the G3 take and would I be able to use my old HD without erasing it?

Thanks fo all your help by the way... Just trying to do as much research as I can before I click that "Buy now" button...

Yes. to both, but you WILL have to reformat the hard drive to use it in the Mac, thereby losing all the data on it. Hard drives are cheap,though.

• Members

Originally posted by hyperstationjr

The blue and white G3s use standard PC100 RAM.

Archived