my mQ vs. reaktor

WRGS

• Members

alright guys n gals...i dont know what to do...i'm debating whether or not to sell my mQ and just stick with reaktor for all my synth needs...granted the mQ has its own sounds as well as a lot of easily accessible features...i'm just thinking that stripping down might be the thing to do...and if i sold it...that'd give me money for a firewire interface...i was just wondering youse guys opinion on this...

• Members

Originally posted by Mike51

Reaktor beats it handily. Sold the Micro Q for a Novation K station ( lots of knobs and sliders) to control Reaktor with.

I had a porsche once too, sold it for a hyundai.

• Members

"

I had a porsche once too, sold it for a hyundai."

So the "porsche" was made of cheap plastic, 4 knobs and a buggy inerface, while the "hyundai" was made of 25+ quality knobs and sliders, two thick rubber pitch wheels , 400 rewriteable user banks and a good vocoder? hmmm....

;)

• Members

Originally posted by Mike51

"

I had a porsche once too, sold it for a hyundai."

So the "porsche" was made of cheap plastic, 4 knobs and a buggy inerface, while the "hyundai" was made of 25+ quality knobs and sliders, two thick rubber pitch wheels , 400 rewriteable user banks and a good vocoder? hmmm....

;)

In the end, its the engine that counts.

• Members

hey...so like i use it...but i just started making synths...i've been making drums samplers and sequencers...so w/ the sequencer possibilities its as if i have a evolver like synth at my hands among other things i can do...i have had to move stuff in my room, and had to unplug the mQ in the process. just not sure what to do...cuz the mQ is cool...i got the yellow/blue version...and i've programmed about 180 sounds and some multis...yeah...

• Members

put the micro-q off to the side for a while.

play with reacktor till you really get the hang of it.

get back to the micro later, play with it for a while, and you'll have a later better basis for deciding if you want to keep it.

sound like a plan?

Archived