what do you think about the moog source

• Members

yep the corner is broken off, the last one i had had almost all of the corners broken like that. that is about the only serious problem with the wood. the clearcoat is cracking all over the place but im not aware of a way to fix that without stripping the whole thing down and respraying it. its going to be playing out with me so im not too worried about the cosmetics right now. im going to clean the ribbon connectors for the membrane when i get home and hope that does it. before i opened it up to reglue the underkey wood peice every synth function worked, but a couple patch number buttons didnt. afterwards a few synth functions dont work, and the patch buttons that didnt work do now, but other ones dont. they have all worked fine at one point or another so its definately a connection somewhere. i got that wood in last night and just drifted off playing it for an hour or so then went to bed heh

hopefully it gets fixed completely tonight :D

• Members

well i just got done cleaning 25 years of crap off of the membranes ribbon connectors and it is working flawlessly now :D the mod wheel is still being an ass, for some reason it bends the pitch a bit instead of doing what it should, i never use the wheels anyway so i really dont care a whole lot.. overall, for 450$ i am extremely happy with it :D :D

• Members

if i ever saw a moog in guitar center i would probably have to buy it on principal alone.. i actually saw a post some guy made on the moog sites forums a couple moinths ago about how there was a lonely source at the guitar center near him.. sooo, being the devious bastard i am, i looked up all the guitar centers in his area and called them until i got the right one :D

they wanted 550 but the guy gave me a deal for whatever reason, 550 was already a good price.. im going to investigate the mod wheel a bit more soon, hopefully i get it sorted out before i get my encore midi in. you guys will hear all about it if i do im sure :D

Archived