Downsizing...Need to lose some gear.

fanuvbrak

• Members

I'm not getting any younger and I'm tired of lugging my amp around. I'm looking to sell my amp and two guitars to get a smaller amp and one guitar (a Flying V)

Amp:

Peavey Classic 50 410. A little over a year old and in excellent shape. This one is tweed with a brown grille. If you know anything about amps, you know that the Peavey Classic series is one of the best amps for the money. When I bought this, I was choosing between this and a Fender Hot Rod Deville. The clean channels are comparable (the Fender may have a slight edge) but the distortion channel on the Peavey is miles above the Fender. Asking $600 or trade for a Peavey Delta Blues (1 X 15) or Peavey Classic 50 (1 X12) plus money.

Guitars:

1978 Peavey T-60. If you've been watching ebay, you know these guitars are going up in value. This one is an "8M" serial number (verifiable first run) and is a true closet classic. Bought new in 1979 by my neighbor, she played it for less than a year before putting it in its case where it sat for 25 years until I bought it from her in 2005. The case is not original as her case had sentimental value (stickers and such. This is the newer (1980 and up) indestructable Peavey Case. US Made, thin, fast neck, and seriously cool electronics (tone knob is a coil splitter, so you have the option of a humbucker or single coil) make this a versatile player. All original hardware, Natural finish. Asking $425.

2007 Gretsch Electromatic Pro-Jet Gold Top. I bought this about 8 months ago and it is in perfect shape. Two mini-humbers give this a nice "chime" on clean and a gorgeous, creamy distortion when ramped up. I paid $350 for this without a case and will let go for $350 with an also new case.

02-13-07_1419.jpg

02-13-07_1418.jpg

01-12-07_1728-1.jpg

Archived