Ex5r

Bronzee

• Members

Can anyone tell me if this{EX5R} is a nice synth to connected to my p120 yam dig piano..i want mainly want it for voices to mix with my piano sounds? Is is easy to work? Do it have drawsbars {organs} sounds with drawbar controller? Thanks:p

• Members

HI there

Ive got an ex5 and love it to pieces, it realy depends what you are after, its not the best chap in the world for regular type sounds, it kind of excells in its wierd experimental areas, however due to the FDSP the rhodes emulations and similar electric pianos are SUPER! There are a fair few organ patches too which are very good...

have a look at www.ex5tech.com those guys know the beast inside out :-)

:-)

River Cottage

• Members

It does have some really nice organ patches, but no drawbar controller stuff.

Without rehashing what's been said a million times about the EX series, yes, it's a very very capable synth, there are many users here (including me) that love it to death. It excels in electric pianos, organs, and virtual acoustic modelled instruments, but it has a little of everything. the EX5/r features AN analog modelling and VL virtual acoustic, which are both extremely powerful synthesis modules.

It is going on 7-ish years old, so some of it's sounds are a bit dated, but it was way ahead of it's time when it was released so it stands up quite nice even to today's workstations. And FDSP is awesome, something nobody else has done since I believe.

• Members

I have the EX5 as well. Organs, EP's, pads, "sequences" (ambient sfx usually), and horns are some of the best sampling available.

The flare on the horns is pretty damn unbelievable, and the FDSP Rhodes and bells are amazing as well.

If you have any more specific questions, I'd be glad to help. EX5Tech, as linked above, is an excellent resource.

• Members

Is this easy to use..like going directly to my voices..{piano,guitars,strings, bass, organs etc}? How much should i pay for on ..since u all say its about 7yrs old? Thanks again. How much does it weight?

Archived