FS 2006 Fender Custom Shop Thinline Nocaster Tele

opiante

• Members

DSC00139.jpg

FS 2006 Fender Custom Shop Thinline Nocaster Tele CLOSET CLASSIC

I'm selling my 2006 Closet Classic Thinline Nocaster, Team Built at the Fender Custom Shop.

This is a really cool model, combining some of the ooolest features of different guitars in the Tele family. It has the fat Nocaster neck profile and the same pickups as a regular Nocaster , combined with some of the cool

open/transparent tones of a Thinline Tele. I believe this hybrid design was the brain child of Chris Flemming at the Fender Custom Shop.

As you would expect, the guitar is VERY light. The thinline ash body is featherweight and it really balances out very nicely with the fat, chunky baseball bat profile of the neck. The balance works here quite well because

by its very design a Tele isn't neck heavy, so as you grip the neck of this guitar, you can really dig into it.

The guitar sounds great. I've compared it to a solid body Nocaster and found the differences to be rather subtle. The bridge pickups sound very similar in either solid body or thinline, with a nice aggressive twang to them. The Nocaster bridge pickup is such that it is never too shrill or too thin, even with the ash body, so you never get that extreme over-brightness that can ruin the bridge pup tone on some Teles. The neck pickup is where

you can most clearly head the difference with the thinline. It is more transparent, and open sounding.. yet it still remains very full and warm.

It really is a great tone.

The guitar is in great shape, I'm the original owner and its pretty much in the same condition as it was when I bought it in the summer of 2006. As I mentioned its done in the Closet Classic trim, however its been aged a bit heavier then most CC's, so in some aspects it almost borders on a relic.

In addition to the regular pain checking which you get as part of most Closet Classics, it has some small chips and dents more reminiscent of a Relic. The guitar was this way when I bought it. There is however a small dent on

the back of the guitar (on the very edge between the back and the side, in the general area of the output jack... I think you can see it in the pics).

The aging on the neck was done great. Basically it doesn't have the 'sticky' feeling you get with many of the maple neck Teles. Its really the perfect amount of 'aging' done so that you both get the right look and the right feel IMHO.

Check out the pics here:

http://opiate.org/ForSale/Thinline/

If you have any questions or you'd like to make a serious offer, please email me. I'm looking for $2350.

Thanx!

Ian, opiate@opiate.org

Archived