Electro through amp modelling device?

• Members

Hi everybody,

Are there any people who use an amp modelling device (Line 6 Pod or V-Amp or so) for a Rhodes or a "cloned Rhodes" (Nord Electro or a good workstation)?

I'd like to get that typical Dyno'd Rhodes sound out of my Electro: can that be achieved using a Pod/V-Amp? I guess a speakeasy dyno pre-amp would work, but those are very expensive and I've never seen them here in the Netherlands...

And should keyboard players use the guitar (e.g. V-Amp) or the bass (e.g. Bass V-Amp) versions of those modelling devices?

Just curious if people have followed this route...

• Members

The Adrenaline(by Rodger Linn) Dose a very good job plus its much more fun than a line pod.The anp sims and effects are great plus its tempo synced effects and built in drum beats are icing on the cake.

Its diminutive size lets it sit neatly on to of your keyboard.

• Members

The Electro has enough built-in FX to give it plenty of character without any additional amp modeling, in my opinion. Once you engage overdrive, parametric EQ, ring modulations, Leslie simulation, etc. you can get a pretty wicked a cutting tone, right out of the box. With that said, I do run my Electro through a Boss DD20 delay pedal, set to analog or tape delay and I use the tap feature to keep the delay in time with the music. This is all the external processing I need for all my Electro sounds.

Regards,

Eric

• Members

Wasn't that Dyno'd rhodes sound also something to do with hardening the tips of the hammers?

I think you'll need more than simply amp modelling to get that sound. Sure, EQ and amp drive etc, will help somewhat, but that bitey-clean-bell like sound is largely due to the harder hammer tips. Unless clavia release a Dyno'd sample to load into the electro, you're probably better off looking at another way to get that sound (ie from a module or sampler or something).

Which just made me wonder, wouldn't it be great if you could load your own samples into the elctro....mmmm....very handy.

Archived