FS - Gibson SG

HoboMan

• Members

Everybody has/had one, the guitar that thought they would never sell.

Here's mine.

Gibson SG90. I bought this brand new in 1990 from Guitar Center in Hollywood. I've had it for 18 years.

These models were only made for a couple of years. A lot were green. This one is the much better looking Cherry finish. These have a lot of unique features.

Mahogany body & neck. Looks like a one piece body & one piece neck but I don't know for sure. 24 Frets, 25.5" scale neck,(yes, 25.5") ebony fretboard, strings mount thru back of body, black hardware, single coil in neck, splittable humbucker at bridge (splits by pushing on the volume knob). Very low action. 60s slim profile neck. The PU combination give this guitar great versatility. From country twang, smooth blues, clean funk to hard rock.

I auditioned for a top 40 cover band back in the early 90s. When I showed up with this guitar and a Marshall the other guitarist told me that I would need to get some pedals to cover all of the variety of music they played. I passed the audition, got the gig and used this as my only guitar for years while I played with that band. Never got any pedals.

According to the SG Book (by John Bulli) this is one of the first 100 madel with the pearloid picguard.

Guitar has been gigged but is still in very good condition. The only thing I've ever changed on the guitar is the strap buttons. I put strap locks on it right after I bought it.

Includes hardshell case.

$700 shipped & PayPal'd.

sg1.jpg

sg5.jpg

sg6.jpg

• Members
:love:

Does it come with a case? Do you have more pictures of the guitar and any marks/scratches on it?

It does include the original Gibson Hardshell case. Brown with pink interior. Case is in good functioning condition but has some nicks & small tears and white spraypaint on it.

I will post more pics later today of the case and closeups of any scratches that I can find.

Archived