FS: Vintage 1966 Fender Mustang Electric Guitar w/ Case

rlm297

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Do you have a pic of the dated neck, pickups, pots? Anything?

I'm not a pro, so I don't want to take it apart and wreck anything or risk devaluing it. The guitar's serial number confirms that it was made in 1966 -- the serial number on the F plate is 183770, you can confirm this on any Fender dating site. Pictures and specs of the 1966 Mustang can also verify this. The tuners and finish are also an indicator, as well as the original Fender Mustang hard shell case it came with in 1966. Visually and to-the-touch, the guitar also fits the bill. This wasn't relic'ed in a garage.. it's from seeing 40 years of battle.

To answer your other question, the Buy It Now was $1000 but someone placed a bid and it disappeared.

Anyway, there is a little over 2 days remaining in the auction, so there's still time.

Thanks for your questions and good luck if you plan on bidding!

• Members

what ever happend to the 1 bump a day rule?

I wasn't aware. I'm from the Guitar Geek forum. So, I only post here when I'm selling guitars or amps.

Just trying to get the best exposure for the original, vintage Fender I'm selling... not that I think anyone minds seeing such a gorgeous guitar at the top.

There's a day or so left. The auction ends Sunday night.

Here's the link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280267140763

Archived