FS/FT....Zion Radicaster/Ibanez RG-565 Project/Peavey Duel 2x12 tube combo

uberthrall

• Members

I've got a few things here that I'm forced to move due to being laidoff last month.........and my {censored}bag company fighting our unemp claim. But enough about me......

First up is the one I'm not sure about moving. This one's a really nice Zion Radicaster. This is the 3rd and best one I've had this year. The particulars are H/S/S pup configuration....EMGs,maple neck with ebony board,German made Schaller Floyd Rose,three minitoggles for each pup.....the bridge being a 3 way that also acts as a splitcoil. This also comes with a case that's in great shape. This one has the Metal Marble finish. The only flaws are a few chips here and there in the finish. Real common with these as they're intentionally finished alot thinner than most guitars out there for tonal reasons, or so they say.

This one here, I do not want to sell,so I'm pretty firm on the price. However I'd definitely entertain any trade/cash offers as well. For an outright sale, I'm looking for $900 shipped/insured to the CONUS or Canada

565project010yn0.jpg

565project004bm3.jpg

565project006yl8.jpg

Next up is a project I'd intended to do over time. I have the neck from a 1991 Ibanez RG-565, an unfinished RG-560 body that's had the middle singlecoil filled in, and a singlecoil that came out of one of my Ibby US Custom Graphics. I also have some other odds and ends that you see in the pic....including a pair of black strap buttons that I forgot to put in the photos.

The neck is in really nice shape......frets are in real good shape, no locking nut cracks whatsoever. As you can see, it's shown on my Music of the Spheres Ibby. I'm getting the appropriate neck for it tomorrow, and I'll be taking it off then. I'll also be taking the locking pads and top screws off this one to put on the new neck.......everything else including the baseplate for the nut will be included though.

The body as you can see has had the middle position filled with Bondo. It comes with one volume knob and pot,a minitoggle (I was planning to get one of the autowah circuits they had in the Charvel Spectrums hooked up to it), and the cavity covers. I'd like to get $375 shipped/insured for this whole lot. IMO, it's a pretty fair price considering garden variety Ibby RG500 and 700 series necks go for $200+ routinely.......and that's completely stripped most of the time. Try to find a 565 neck..........not a very easy get.

musicofthespheres004jr2.jpg

musicofthespheres012be0.jpg

When I swap out the necks tommorow I'll take more shots of it.

• Members

Ok,apparently I couldn't throw all the pics I have in just one post,so here's the rest.....here's the body.

565project018ya4.jpg

Last up is a Peavey Duel 2x12 tube combo. These were one of the first of Peavey's Classic Tube series. They were produced in the mid 90's. They have alot of cool things going for them.......dual channel/FX loop/tremolo/and alot more. The thing with this one though is it needs some repair. I don't think it's anything serious. It powers up,but wont go off of standby. A friend of mine from another board who's really knowlegable about amp repair seems to think it's in need of a new power tube(s). I can't say for certain though. These were originally $1,100 amps.....check out the reviews here on HC about em. I'm looking to get $300 shipped for this one.......it's a heavy bastard, so shipping wont be a small matter. I'd take $225 for a local pickup.

meandkids004ib8.jpg

Excuse the crappy shot of this one.....I'll take more when the batteries charge. I should also mention that in the year or so that I've had this, I've never taken it out of the house or had the master over one....always ran my FX through the clean channel at house volume.

Archived