Custom SG

blankfield

• Members

now I don't often make comments like this BUT.....

$1200 for a bolt together Epiphone G310 clone??? are you on crack?

"The selector switch is set up like a Les Paul, but only on a 5 position rotary. Position one is bridge, position two is bridge and neck and position three is neck, four is mute"

so I take it 5 is "mute" as well? why not use a 3 way swich like its supposed to have?

the pickups are like $90/for the set the case is like 110 how did you spend close to 2000 to build it(before the "custom" paint job) ???

you know you could have gotten a REAL Gibson SG for that $$ that would have had a) Had a resale value above $150 b)had a SET neck c)BEEN A GIBSON NOT A NO NAME home build RIPOFF!

take a 0 off the end of your price and I think you will be closer to the value!

• Members

OH and i just noticed it says "It was initially black, and when I tried to clean it up with some light solvents, the black paint came off reveling the cool looking green primer underneath, which is the way I left it. I hand polished the face to make it shine."

so the "custom" paint job is actually the PRIMER COAT????

so im taking it that it started off as an Epiphone G-310 they are like 250 NEW! so how/WHY did you spend close to $2000 for the "upgrades"????

• Members

you don't often make comments like this'' BUT ''. it's this persons guitar and he can ask what he wants.when you run a post,you can ask what you want.it seems to me certain members just wait for a post like this just to jump down someone's ass.if you see a post you don't like or agree with,just breeze on by.no one will even know you were looking.if you have nothing positive to say''don't say it''...........................this forum should really screen the members better.

• Members

OH and i just noticed it says "It was initially black, and when I tried to clean it up with some light solvents, the black paint came off reveling the cool looking green primer underneath, which is the way I left it. I hand polished the face to make it shine."

so the "custom" paint job is actually the PRIMER COAT????

so im taking it that it started off as an Epiphone G-310 they are like 250 NEW! so how/WHY did you spend close to $2000 for the "upgrades"????

Thanks for the opportunity to explain.

If you read the sentence before where the quotes start it states that he is explaining where the KNOBS came from. :facepalm:

Here is a picture of the offending selector switch for clarification seeing as your reading comprehension skills aren't particularly up to snuff:

IMG_5511.jpg

• Members

you don't often make comments like this'' BUT ''. it's this persons guitar and he can ask what he wants.when you run a post,you can ask what you want.it seems to me certain members just wait for a post like this just to jump down someone's ass.if you see a post you don't like or agree with,just breeze on by.no one will even know you were looking.if you have nothing positive to say''don't say it''...........................this forum should really screen the members better.

Thanks for the support. I couldn't agree more.

• Members

so just for the record your not denying that it is an Epi G-310?

or is it Warmoth pieces?

yes the chicken head knob is kinda cool if it was on an amp!

the other 4 look like they came off a 60's "departments store special" guitar.

I am just wondering how it cost over 2000 to bolt together some pieces!

And why you would spend that much for it when you could have had a REAL SG?

and one last question what is a "Clapton shaped back"??

• Members

so just for the record your not denying that it is an Epi G-310?

or is it Warmoth pieces?

yes the chicken head knob is kinda cool if it was on an amp!

the other 4 look like they came off a 60's "departments store special" guitar.

I am just wondering how it cost over 2000 to bolt together some pieces!

And why you would spend that much for it when you could have had a REAL SG?

and one last question what is a "Clapton shaped back"??

To clarify this is a Warmoth guitar.

The Clapton shaped back refers to the back of the neck and how it differs from a normal shaped neck. If you want more info head over to Warmoth.com they have all the specs you could ever ask for.

I've listed everything I can think of about this guitar and all the parts and pieces (except for the knobs) came from Warmoth. Price it out. Include a charge for labor and tell me what you come up with.

In all of your posts you sure are quick to flame my ad but I see no offer coming from you.

• Members

ill give you about what its worth $50/shipped.

priced over at warmoth it comes to around 1000 for all parts!

body 190

neck 209

pickups 90

tuners 60

roller bridge 40

nut 25

guts 45

shielding 10

bigsby 133

SS fret upgrade 20

inlay upgrade 90

neck contour upgrade 35

thats $967 and ill give you $50 for various parts like neck plate and strap buttons knobs and trusrod cover which is still ONLY $1017 so where did the other $983 come in?

so your saying that someone charged you almost a grand to put this together for you and then you then spent MORE on a paint job??

being a warmoth put together the resale value is about half of what the parts cost.

• Members

Q-4000 your an ass man. If he wants to sell the guitar {censored}ing let him who cares? You are making a huge deal out of this, will he get 2 grand for it? Prolly not but he isn't asking 2k either. You don't want it then leave him alone and GTFO. And as far as Gibsons go I have had a few and still have a few and I will tell you I have played bolt-ons that were better, not often but I have.

• Members

i think you totaly missed the point 666 it has nothing to do with bolt on vs set/neck through its the fact he states he spent over 2 grand on this and I was simply asking HOW? its a warmoth parts guitar! there pieces are ok but I was just letting him (and any potental buyers) know that there is nothing special about this guitar I just wanted to know how he spent 2k on a warmoth guitar! and to let him know that its not worth 1200 and he should adjust the price if he wants to sell it this is not craigs list people here know guitars.

• Members

Well it's up to him to figure all that out when it doesn't sell after three weeks but you are being beyond rude man. That {censored} was uncalled for if he wants to list his Q-4000 at 10K even though it's not worth near that who are we to stop him, am I right?

• Members

I don't necessarilly have a problem with what q-400 is trying to say,just the way he's saying it.It's nice to know that there are more of us who question dudes and watch out for potential scams(not saying this is one)instead of just passing through.Remember we were all newbs looking for our first(or second)real guitar.But show the guy a little more respect Q

• Members

That {censored} was uncalled for if he wants to list his Q-4000 at 10K even though it's not worth near that who are we to stop him, am I right?

?? ive seen 2 (out of the 6) Q-4000's go for close to that! mine is not for sale now. a very rare (again 6 made) guitar is totaly diffrent than a bolt together parts guitar!

• Members

The only way this guitar could be sexier is if it had a white neck binding. I think its a fair price....

Pumpkin I know ive delt with you but are you serous??? you would pay 1200 for this?? a clone of a cheep Epi G-310????

so i have to know what did the knob cost you? did you actualy pay $983 for the 4 knobs and the 1 chicken head knob??

PLEASE post your costs! I have looked up everything on it and cant get it over 1100!!! so where do you get 2000 (before the paint job!)

• Members

Hey a little off the subject but i am about to post an epiphone sg pickguard made entirely out of duct tape for $700 ( i need an orange 2x12 ) so leave this guy alone and come make nasty comments on my post. But seriously you know that people on this forum know what they are looking at. They know guitar stuff, you have have posted that. So if he does sell it to someone they must really like it so lets let this guy actually have a shot a selling this git-fiddle.

tough times money is needed!

• Members

Pumpkin I know ive delt with you but are you serous??? you would pay 1200 for this?? a clone of a cheep Epi G-310????

so i have to know what did the knob cost you? did you actualy pay $983 for the 4 knobs and the 1 chicken head knob??

PLEASE post your costs! I have looked up everything on it and cant get it over 1100!!! so where do you get 2000 (before the paint job!)

do you really plan on buying it for around a grand or are you wasting this guys time and {censored}ting all over his thread? he can charge 1 million dollars if he wants to. {censored} off if you cant afford the asking price.

Archived