STOLEN?

Screaming Stone

• Members

Its always important when you buy a guitar that you get a receipt with it. Lots of people overlook this. If you spot a guitar that was stolen from you its tough cookies unless you have a receipt with serial number. You have no proof that you owned the guitar.

• Members

I'll be honest; I didn't even know that section existed. I usually do some checking on the person I'm trading with, but not the instrument. I suppose if I saw a red flag I'd look into seeing if the instrument was stolen; but I've had the good fortune of dealing with good guys so far.

• Members

What's the link to the section?

Yea i would think you need more than just a serial number because anybody can list a serial from a guitar that they saw on ebay or where ever and i am sure someone has tried it before the biggest part of the time it is one of their friends or someone that they know

funbnme dont you go and list the serial number of that CS Strat

Really I should of had you put a reciept in there and me one in the guitar i sent you

I recently seen one of my friends amps in a guitar store there was nothing he could do except buy it back but the store owner told him who brought it in and it was one of his sons friends that had been staying there at his house

• Members

Do you check the stolen instrument list in the H-C music biz section before buying a used instrument? PLEASE check the Stolen Instrument thread - you can even get rewarded!

your joking right??? im sure lots of "stolen" gear is sold on here dayly as well as on eBay and on Craigslist there not cars there is not a single database. yea it sucks to have your {censored} stolen but if you put your {censored} in a posision to be stolen and it is then well sucks for you! you can get that chip thing that stewmac.com sells but I have never run across anyone with a scanner any guitar I have pawned has never been checked to see if it was stolen, not that i have pawned a stolen guitar :rolleyes: wine and bitch all you want but its going to happen! if you leave your trailer full of gear un locked and someone wants it they are going to take it! not saying its wrong or right but its just a piece of wood!!!!

Archived