FS/FT Handmade in USA Strat Style Guitar - $525

wrxplayer

• Members

PRICE REDUCTION

I'm selling my "San Dimas" stratocaster. Price is $499 + actual shipping and paypal fees.

The guitar was made by Lloyd Prins, a custom builder in Northern California when his company was called "San Dimas Guitars." The company name has since been changed to "Lloyd Prins Guitars." More can be found on him and them here: www.lloydprins.com.

The guitar was custom ordered with a maple neck/maple board, jumbo frets, Sperzel locking tuners, 3 Dimarzio DP402 Virtual Vintage Blues pickups, Graphtec saddles, and no backplate. Vintage Sunburst finish. There is one small chip in the paint on the back, near the neckplate and a couple of very minor scratches that don't get pickup on in pictures. I'll ship in a hard case.

At one point I had this and a G&L Legacy and held onto this; it just sounded better. But I recently pickup up a Gadow Monterey which makes this expendable.

I've done several deals hear and bunch at TGP am nycbiddingfool on ebay.

More info:

Another prosective buyer asked about the neck radius. I didn't know so emailed the builder. He didn't have a record of the exact guitar but replied it is likely about .835 at the 5th fret and .900 at the 12th.

Most of what Lloyd Prins makes now are custom guitars with wild tops. They go for around $2K, I think. This guitar went for $1300 new. I'm the third owner. Got it off the ads at The Gear Page guitar board. Phil Collen of Def Leppard played one of Lloyd's guitars. Sergio Vallin from a band called Mana also plays them. Here's more info: http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewAlbums&friendID=76944455

PM me with any questions.

sandimasstrat001.jpg

sandimasstrat002.jpg

sandimasstrat007.jpg

sandimasstrat011.jpg

sandimasstrat004.jpg

sandimasstrat012.jpg

Prefer a sale but would consider trading for an amp or like quality telecaster.

• Members

More info:

Another prosective buyer asked about the neck radius. I didn't know so emailed the builder. He didn't have a record of the exact guitar but replied it is likely about .835 at the 5th fret and .900 at the 12th.

Most of what Lloyd Prins makes now are custom guitars with wild tops. They go for around $2K, I think. This guitar went for $1300 new. I'm the third owner. Got it off the ads at The Gear Page guitar board. Phil Collen of Def Leppard played one of Lloyd's guitars. Sergio Vallin from a band called Mana also plays them. Here's more info: http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewAlbums&friendID=76944455

a frontal headstock view would be nice...

You get two!

sandimasstrat003.jpg
sandimas2.jpg

• 1 year later...

Archived