1978 Strat

fender tele

• Members

Hey all

I have a 1978 Strat in rare see-through mocha. I bought this guitar from a good friend in 1984 (I'm the 3rd owner). All of the "relicing" is most definitely natural, as this guitar was my main squeeze on 11 USO tours throughout the 80's.

The guitar is not completely stock, but close. The tuners are Schallers (prev owner), the strap pins are Straplock pins (me....lost the originals....locks would be included), and there is currently a mirrored pickguard on it (orig black one would be included).

The only "issues" with the guitar:

1. The spring in the saddle of the low E string is gone. It was when I got it. Therefore you can't actually intonate that string. However, the guitar has never had anything on it but a set of 10's & after the string was stretched, it intonated perfectly. So I never bothered to replace the spring or the saddle.

2. It could stand a fret dressing.

The OHSC is a bit rough in places. One of the latches is broken, there is a gouge on one end of it, and there are various scarpes & scratches. Considering that this case has been on the belly of an airplane well over a hundred times, it's to be expected. Still does it's job perfectly, however.

The market for mid-late 70's Fenders has dropped off in the past 6-8 months (what hasn't), but they still get up over $2k on ebay. I have this priced on the low side at $1600 + shipping.

I don't have/want/need Paypal, so postal m.o. only. Will also consider trades. The price/value I have it set at is far lower than the 'bay, so it's firm.

guitarphotos001.jpg

Lots more pics:

http://s260.photobucket.com/albums/ii8/fender-tele/

Thanks

• Members

Ok are you looking for any PA gear? I got AIB precedent 600 watt power amp, a behringer autocom pro and a Numark duel disc CD player with the jog wheel. I was gonna use this stuff towards starting to build a PA but it just sits right now. I would be willing to work something out with that stuff and the explorer. Hell I know you said your not into humbuckers but you could still always sell the explorer if you didn't like it. Just figured I would throw the thought out there. Also if your a single coil kind of guy I have a really cool MIM tele thinline 69 RI in a rare limited run color metallic red.

I am not positive I would want to part with my Tele thinline but I would possibly consider it if it peaked any interest. Probably have to think about it for a few days maybe?

• Members

To all that have sent me PMs about this one & the Epi Firebird:

I have no internet at my house & won't have til at least the 17th. Several really interesting trade proposals for both guitars. Sorry for the delay. I just happen to be at my folks' house for a few minutes today.

Thanks

Archived