FS: 1987 Ibanez RG550 (all black, modded a bit...) $325 shipped

ttiw

• Members

EDIT: Brought the price down to $275 shipped.

I got this guitar 5 or 6 years ago and I haven't been using it much for the last couple. As you probably know, Ibanez released a reissue of this same model a couple years ago and it was going for nearly a grand. It's a really awesome playing guitar, and it's obviously been broken in a bit through 20 years of playing. It's got plenty more miles on it.

When I got the guitar, the previous owner had routed it for 3 humbuckers. I ordered a custom "black mirror" pickguard for it with an H-S-H setup; loaded it with an Air Norton in the neck, Hot Rails in the middle, and JB in the bridge. Basswood body, extremely fast original Wizard neck (the thinnest I've ever played on an Ibanez), original Edge trem. It's in decent shape cosmetically; I dropped it once and there's a big chip in the upper horn that I (sloppily) repaired, but it's really barely visible to anyone in the audience. There are some other minor scrapes and dents; I tried to get most of them in the pics. The damages are purely cosmetic, though. The neck plate is also a bit worn down.

$275 shipped! Paypal only. PM me with any questions... thanks for looking!

7.jpg

6-1.jpg

3.jpg

8.jpg

5.jpg

4.jpg

2.jpg

1.jpg

Archived