FS:>PRICE DROP!< '08 Fender American Deluxe Strat in Vintage White-GREAT SHAPE! $900!

martysnarf

• Members

Up for sale is this ALMOST NEW Fender American Deluxe Strat in the cool blonde (Vintage White) color. I am selling this for my friend; he has too many guitars and wants to thin out the herd. He bought this new in the middle of 2008, and has gigged with it a few times, but it has pretty much spent most of its life in its case. It has the no-hum single coil pickups with the versatile S-1 switching system. Maple neck is 9.5 radius with 22 medium-jumbo frets; low action and no buzzing whatsoever. VERY smooth and easy to play. There is one small scratch on the side of the body down by the strap button (I circled it in red in the pic), other than that the guitar is completely mint. Bathroom-scale weight is 7.6 lbs. Pearlized pickguard and back cover. Sounds and plays super-smooth and sweet. Comes with black OHSC and pop-in tremelo bar.

ASKING $900.00/OBO. NO TRADES PLEASE, FOR SALE ONLY.

These go new for $1224.99 at Musician's Friend (http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/p...ter?sku=511142). Why buy new when you can save a few hundred and pick this ALMOST NEW one up for less than a Grand?

Please PM me with any questions or if you would like to see more pics; happy to oblige.

DSC03689.jpg

DSC03690.jpg

DSC03691.jpg

DSC03698.jpg

DSC03694.jpg

DSC03702.jpg

scratch.jpg

DSC03700.jpg

DSC03701.jpg

DSC03692.jpg

Specs:

The Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster is instantly comfortable with irresistible tone and playability. You won't believe your fingers and ears. The ultimate in high-performance, this premium Fender Strat model has an ultra-smooth, sweet neck with hand-rolled edges to make it play fast, smooth, and sweet. SCN (Samarium Cobalt Noiseless) pickups dish out vintage Strat sounds without the hum, while a hot bridge pickup provides extra punch and sustain. S-1 Switching delivers an extended range of tonal flavors. The classically contoured Stratocaster alder body fits like a glove.

Other features include polished chrome hardware, locking machine heads, American Deluxe tremolo with polished steel saddles, highly detailed fret and nut work, abalone dot inlays, and aged plastic parts. Includes molded Fender Stratocaster hardshell case.

Samarium Cobalt Noiseless pickups

It's no secret that pickup designers have been striving to develop the ultimate noise-free single-coil replacement pickup. In pursuit of as little 60-cycle hum and extraneous noise as possible and the classic bell-like tones and fidelity of the original Fender designs, Fender has poured their energy into discovering a new world-class pickup for the ages. With open minds and a willingness to seemingly question everything, Fender partnered with legendary pickup designer Bill Lawrence. The pickup that was birthed from this extraordinary partnership is the Samarium Cobalt Noiseless pickup. It has no hum, no microphonics, close to zero magnetic interruption of the string path; and the widest sonic parameters possible-from Fender classic single coils to tones

• Members

This is on the bottom edge of the guitar, above the straplock, and more towards the BACK of the guitar, on the edge a bit. The pearlized cover you see in the pic is the spring/tremelo cover on the back, and you can see the body contour cutaway in that pic too. If you had the guitar strapped-on (and are right-handed), the scratch would be just above the strap button that you would have the strap connected to on your right side, on the bottom of the guitar, towards your body. I believe the scrape happened when my friend had a strap with a metal buckle, and when he picked it up to strap it around him, the buckle scraped the finish a bit. You can't see it from the front, but can see it from the back- however it is very small.

Does that help? (I agree that it's a funky picture lol!) I snapped the pic holding the guitar upside-down resting the headstock on the carpet, and tilting the guitar away from me. It was taken from behind the guitar, sorta. Let me know if you would like me to snap more of it for you, if you are considering the guitar. I will be more than happy to oblige.

Thanks for the interest!

Archived