Music making anhedonia

• Members

I've been going through a sorta "meh" emotional stage in my life for months now. I think about writing music often but just don't have the energy. I've gone through periods like this before and always felt guilty. But this time I'm just kind of "whatever" about it. It has actually been much better for me to let go. I'm sure I'll get back to it eventually. Sometimes pushing yourself isn't the right thing to do.

• Members

Are you also feeling this way about other things in your life?

If so, and forgive me if I'm overreacting, but you might consider some professional help.

Anhedonia isn't trivial.

Maybe you just have too much gear. I can help you with that.....

:D

• Members

You know, Deckard, I know where you're at. For me, it's not that I don't have the energy... it's that I don't have the inspiration, you know? The spark isn't there. And the other thing is, I'm kinda with you too on the guilt thing. I figure, whatever, it'll come eventually... or maybe it won't.

Kiru

• Members

I know exactly what you're talking about Deckard. I am pretty bored with music right now, I've been like that for the past 6 months or so. And I don't feel guilty about it this time either.

• Members

Originally posted by keyman_sam

kiru,

wanted to mention this. you gotta cute name for a moderator. are you a girl? its rare to see a girl moderator that too, in a musician's forum!

Yes, he's a girl. Hit on hi...her! :D

• Members

kiru,

wanted to mention this. you gotta cute name for a moderator. are you a girl? its rare to see a girl moderator that too, in a musician's forum!

BWA HA HA HA HA HA! Sorry man, don't mean to laugh at you, but that was my exact, involuntary reaction when I read your post. :D No, I'm not a girl... I'm a caucasian guy who has a bit of a romantic attraction to the "Far East". The funny thing is, though, (and the reason I laughed) is that because of the way I wear my hair (long, tied in a ponytail, with bangs), people mistake me for being a girl in real life, all the time. :p This is the first time I can remember someone doing it on here, though.

Kiru

• Members

If music is just a hobby and there isn't any aspiration for it to be more than that then yer fine.

I tend to think of it as what would I be doing if I wasn't doing music? Probably playing video games which is more or less a bigger waste of time. So I just go turn stuff on and do whatever I feel like, work on a song, create patches, surf the net, whatever. If I don't find anything to do then I go play video games anyway.

• Members

Re 'mehness', I think there's a lot to be said sometimes for keeping what you're doing stimulating.

I try to vary what I'm working on, and get a balance between playing piano and synth, and between practicing and actually making tracks. Doing the same stuff all the ime, even if it's good stuff, does tend to rot your brain after a while:(

• Members

She has those tiny eyes you know, and her long hair hides her eyes....sort of like the girl in The incredibles.
:cool:

Heh Violet was totally my favorite character in that film... "Well... I think daddy has made a lot of progress today...."

Kiru

Guest Anonymous

There's a damn cute japanese girl in my government class. She has those tiny eyes you know, and her long hair hides her eyes....sort of like the girl in The incredibles.

or sadako, from _ringu_.

you can have her! gah!

japanese girls *are* great. there's an entire film genre in japan based on scaring the hell out of them and then killing them.

• Members

you know what guyz?

today, we had this project presentation and it was her turn and she came to class a little after i gave my presentation,

So, after the presentation, she was like "Sam, what court case were you talking about? can you write it down for me?" and i was like "Oh sure!" and then, in her project, she had made a spelling mistake and spelled amendment as ammendment and since i was next to her, she's like "Sam, how do you spell amendment?"

PLUS, i got to watch her ALL THE TIME she gave the presentation!

SUVEEEET!!:cool: :cool: :cool:

Archived