eBay: Fender Stratocaster Custom Built Relic Electric Guitar

rlm297

• Members

Red Fender Stratocaster Custom Built Relic Electric Guitar

Price drop to $450. The eBay listing page also reflects this price drop.

Two days left in the auction -- Click Here

I will also deduct $50 from the total at the end of the auction, if any of you guys bid. Just send me a message and let me know you're from HC.

PM me any offers, as well.

I'm really trying to sell this guitar via the auction or on here.

Have the chance to purchase a very particular element for my rig.

Photo%20134.jpg

Photo%20128.jpg

Photo%20129.jpg

Here's a high resolution photo of the body in particular:

207137768_o.jpg

More photos are contained within the auction page.

• Members

Asking price seems a bit high man. just a heads up to why nobody is biting.

You might not be seeing the full picture and maybe I should have done a better job explaining. The main part about this guitar is the one-of-a-kind body. The body is from the Fender Custom Shop which they had tested out new finishes on (layers of different colors), before giving it a heavy relic treatment. It supposedly had come from a Music Zoo guitar.

Check out the high res pictures of it on the auction page to see what I'm talking about. The relic job was professionally done and is by no means an amateur job -- it does look like a genuine Fender body from the 60's.

The winning bidder is going to get the full guitar, which looks, plays, and sounds great. Including this rare, unique Fender Custom Shop body. They can either trick the guitar out further or keep it as-is to enjoy.

There are a bunch of people watching it, so we'll see. With about 4 days to go, I don't expect to start seeing some bids until closer to the end.

• Members

Any Custom Shop relic I've ever seen has RELIC stamped into the pickup cavities, or a Custom Shop logo stamped somewhere on the body under the pickguard. I don't see anything but a date stamp on this one.

I was the one who labeled it "relic," as it is in relic condition. The original seller said someone at the factory had been experimenting with different finishes and removed them, overlapped them, etc. This may have even been before or around the time of the closet classics, etc. around 1999/2000. He said he got it off of a Music Zoo guitar, and judging by the ones on their site.. the body looks to be of that quality. Although I have no way of knowing for sure.

• Members

I don't want to sound too harsh, but it would really help you if you had any sort of paper trail for this. Without any documentation this is just a partscaster with a hardcore relic job, may be nice, but its not a "Fender Custom Shop" anything.

• Members

Price drop to $450. The eBay listing page also reflects this price drop.

Two days left in the auction -- Click Here

I will deduct $50 from the total at the end of the auction, if any of you guys bid. Just send me a message and let me know you're from HC.

PM me any offers, as well.

I'm really trying to sell this guitar via the auction or on here.

Have the chance to purchase a very particular element for my rig.

Archived