OT-Pol : Number of millionaires hits record under Bush Leadership

GregCh

• Members

The ranks of Americans worth $1 million grew 21% in 2004; the $5 million club grew even faster.

May 25, 2005: 12:48 PM EDT

By Les Christie, CNN/Money staff writer

NEW YORK (CNN/Money) - The number of millionaires in America reached record highs in 2004, hitting 7.5 million, according to a new survey.

That represented a gain of 21 percent, the largest jump in the number of U.S. millionaires since 1998, according to the survey by the Spectrem Group, a Chicago-based research firm.

Spectrem counted Americans with net assets of $1 million or more, excluding primary residences but including second homes and other real estate holdings. There were 6 million millionaires in 2001, when the bursting of the tech-stock bubble pruned more than a million Americans from this status.

The firm surveyed data from 450 households. It found the ranks of the very wealthiest Americans, those with investable assets of more than $5 million, climbed even faster, up 38 percent in 2004.

Much of the increased wealth can be traced to stock market gains, according to the report. About 37 percent of the investable assets of Americans with net worth of $500,000 or more are in stocks and mutual funds and another 14 percent are in IRAs. About 9 percent is in cash.

The survey found that more than 35 percent of the affluent are retired and 36 percent are business owners. The overwhelming majority

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The firm surveyed data from 450 households...

Certainly a very accurate representation of America - 450 whole households!

Meanwhile, though, I do love that website. Those guys crack me up. I love guerilla theater!

Anyone care to dig up and or post the numbers of working poor and unemployed under the Bush administration, or are we only going to look at the silver lining of the mighty cloud?

This is a good start for anyone who cares to rejoice in the number of billionaires...

http://www.detnews.com/2004/specialreport/0409/26/a01-284666.htm

• Members

I like a good synth with unison and if it has some kind of sequencer then thats even better.

take the nord lead 3 for example, that has to be the best synth ever. Kick ass osc's, nice filters and a user interface that dreams are made of. No sequencer though, but thats ok...

Am I right people!?

• Members

Originally posted by myteeGTi

I like a good synth with unison and if it has some kind of sequencer then thats even better.

take the nord lead 3 for example, that has to be the best synth ever. Kick ass osc's, nice filters and a user interface that dreams are made of. No sequencer though, but thats ok...

Am I right people!?

Yes it is sUpeRb and has pAtHeTiC StRiG rEsOnAnCe :D

Don't make me start babbling about my XP-30 like the goddamned rainman here :o

• Members

Originally posted by Fear My Potato

C'mon, based on what comes out of his mouth, doesn't it seems like pighood does a lot of reading?

:D

Sorry couldn't resist...I'll go back to the dUdE thread...

:cool:

Archived