FS...Charvel Model 4

uberthrall

• Members

I have a Charvel Model 4 that needs a little attention to be brought back around. Nothing too serious, it needs The D string saddle replace, as well as the locking parts that go above the nut....although the nut itself is still there and intact. You'll also need a bar.....I might have a compatable one lying around though. It'll need to be cleaned up and maybe setup as well, but overall nothing serious at all is wrong with it. I plugged it in yesterday and even with the ancient strings it has on it now it sounded really great.

I wanna move this one quick, so I'm listing it pretty cheap, $275 shipped and insured to the CONUS. I don't do Paypal, but a USPS money order will work fine. I have a ton of references here and elsewhere. I'll also be happy to speak directly to anyone over the phone too. Just PM me for my number.

various003.jpg

various002.jpg

various001.jpg

• Members

they all do... the 6 screws behind the string holders should have fine-tuning screws in them. I've got a M4 in Red, and I wouldn't mind a second :-p

That's funny that this is a Flyer, though... My Model 4 has a Kahler Pro, and they're from the same run... The Flyers were OEM parts for a lot of companies, like Carvin and Charvel, but aside from the saddle set, are 100% identical to the 2310 series, etc. Hopefully this will still be here when my RG sells.

• Members
they all do... the 6 screws behind the string holders should have fine-tuning screws in them. I've got a M4 in Red, and I wouldn't mind a second :-p

That's funny that this is a Flyer, though... My Model 4 has a Kahler Pro, and they're from the same run... The Flyers were OEM parts for a lot of companies, like Carvin and Charvel, but aside from the saddle set, are 100% identical to the 2310 series, etc. Hopefully this will still be here when my RG sells.

You are right, it's also missing the fine tuners. Thanks for the headsup on that one. I know Kahler has a pretty large supply of replacement parts though, so I don't think it's be much of a problem finding them. Also I should mention that the missing part would be better described as the string retainer. That's what I get for rushing when I posted this thread...:facepalm:

My offer still stands for a straigtht across trade for the 760 too. I'm really a sucker for the old school 500 and 700 series RG's. Nicks and chips don't really bother me.

• Members

oh, it's not the availability, it's the cost. The string retainers are better replaced with Floyd rose nuts, because the old Kahler ones are {censored}ing awful XD.

I'll have to do some math, see how much the replacement parts would cost me direct from Kahler, because work is stiffing me on hours pretty hardcore these past few weeks.

• Members

ah, jesus.. kahler wants $7 EACH for the Fine Tuner knobs, plus another 7 for the string hook. I'll have to wait and see.

I have a buddy out in Ohio who builds guitars, and is into Kahlers in a big way. I'll contact him tomorrow and see if he has any spare parts lying around. My guess is he probably does.

• Members

Bump and an update. It looks like my buddy does indeed have most, if not all of the necessary parts. I'm gonna go ahead and grab them off of him. As it sits right now with the missing parts the price is obviously the same. If I buy the parts and get it back into solid playing condition, I'll adjust the price upwards a bit.

Archived