Triton Extreme Tempo Combo Mode Problems/Glitches

Palaver

• Members

I have also posted this on IrishActs and I am anxious for a response. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Here is the post:

I really enjoy this keyboard, and I absolutely love just jamming solo while running programs in the combination mode. I am now preparing a bunch of originals to play in the combination mode, but I have a huge problem.

Sometimes, while I am playing, the tempo will get faster or slower down on the arpeggiator. For example, I will be playing a piano patch, or whatever, and I won't be touching anything but the keys, but yet for some reason the tempo will sometimes "magically" shoot really up quick, or drop down. It's like the damn thing has a mind of its own.

I have no idea why this is happening and I am wondering how i can fix this. I would like to know ASAP because at this point in time, I don't want to be on stage and have something like this screw up a show on me. Should I contact Korg, or my dealer? Help me! I love this board, but this is a major reliability issue.

Thanks so much... and there is some great info on this board.

• Members

GregCh: It happens in the combination programs that I have made. I basically just take presets of approximately of what I am looking for, and then i tweek the hell out of it. Sometimes I can play for days without anything happening. But now I manually set the tempo knob on the songs of what the tempo should be so that if the knob is touched or shaken... it won't speed up or slow down (incase I am playing too hard or something)... you know what I mean?

Bigfish: The OS version on my screen is 1.0.4. I have no idea how to upgrade the O.S. and I would really need some tutorial readings on that stuff. I am still a noob to this synth stuff, and I am still working my way around the keyboard. Any recommended readings on how to install a new OS would be greatly appreciated. I am not synched to anything... I am just playing directly what's on the board.

Guys, I really appreciate this so much, and thanks.

My next thing.. is I gotta learn how to store my created combination files onto the computer.. as backups so I can do all this crap. I guess it's time to break out that bible that they sent with this damn thing.

I guess I am lazy in a way... I just LOVE to play... and I hate learning this stuff.. cause there is so much.

Feel free to steer me in any directions!

Thanks again,

Phil Butler

• Members

Hey Phil, you should upgrade to O.S. 1.05. You have to go to Korg.com and download the O.S. from the Extreme page. After downloading, you need a compact flash card to load the O.S. back into the keyboard. Unzip the files, open the folder(s) and place the file on the Compact flash card. You can do this with a compact flash card reader, or through the USB storage mode.

After all files are on the card, turn off the keyboard and turn it back on(while the compact flash card is in), while holding Enter and 0.

Are you saving your combi's to a new combination or rewriting one that was already made? Settings in an old Combi could change what you create.

Archived