Les Paul Standard Plus practically new!

BrokenFusion

• Members

• Members

It was new, as in never sold before.The date of manufacture is 6/30/06. It was bought from a store so who knows the time frame between manufacturing,shipping,and how long it sits in a showroom. i didn't run the serial number before i bought it, sorry!! And quite frankly i'm glad its an 06 because it doesn't have a chambered body like the one in the link you posted.Does it diminish the value because its an 06 instead of 2010?

Hello
its the same design for fifty+ friggin years!!

And I don't know what country you live in but in this country we pay sales tax so you do the math. yeah i could buy online and save the tax (technically your supposed to pay it to your own state so your not really saving it but thats besides the point) but its worth the extra coin to me to actually play a guitar in person and pick out the nicest finish and best playing guitar I can find. Thanks for not being a dickhead.

BTW it was bought 8/09.manufacture was 6/06. That's not 4 years.

I didnt say the guitar wasn't "new." And for you to say the design has been the same for 50+ years is just incorrect. In fact they just changed alot of stuff last year. Check it out. That is why I asked. People are selling the new spec LPs for less than your old one. I will say it looks amazing and that top is unreal. I just thought I would let you know. Thanks, Chris

• Members

Okay well now you have just made an ass of yourself. Anybody who knows Heritage knows they are every bit of Gibson. Go back through my history and check out all my Gibsons. I think I know what I am talking about. Knockoff? Are you {censored}ing stupid? They are made in the same factory by the same {censored}ing people with with a few differences to keep Gibson off their ass.

I can obviously tell you have no {censored}ing clue what you are talking about but good luck with the sale. There are people selling Customs for about the price your are selling your Standard. Shouldnt be a hard decision there.

• Members

Actually, Heritage is every bit as good as Gibson, in fact a lot of "knock offs" are better than Gibson these days! Not to be picky, but I can tell by looking at your pics that there's some tarnish to the chrome on the stoptail. Mint Condition is a gray area. Just saying excellent condition covers the same idea and doesn't mislead. When I think MINT, I think, not mark, finish scratch, dimple, dent or humbucker cover pick scratch. Just my opinion of course.

• Members

Actually, Heritage is every bit as good as Gibson, in fact a lot of "knock offs" are better than Gibson these days! Not to be picky, but I can tell by looking at your pics that there's some tarnish to the chrome on the stoptail. Mint Condition is a gray area. Just saying excellent condition covers the same idea and doesn't mislead. When I think MINT, I think, not mark, finish scratch, dimple, dent or humbucker cover pick scratch. Just my opinion of course.

Maybe you can point out where I used the word 'Mint':confused:

• Members

You know man I don't wanna hijack your thread, sorry PERFECT condition is a grey area if you want to be technical. Like I said, it looks nice and in good shape. Just say it's excellent, no dings, chips, scratches or rash and you'll cover about everything. Good luck.

• Members

I care because I buy {censored} here on a regular {censored}ing basis. Usually LPs and the like. I was not trolling in the least. You said you paid $2800 for a 2006 model which is waaaayyyy to much since it had obviously been there forever. I just wanted to point out that your price was high.

• Members

I'm guessing you'll get a buyer in the $1700 range. Tough market and I've known 2 or 3 guys with LP Plus tops who couldn't get $1850. Not trying to give you problems. I just think it's better to write the ads so they don't disappoint the buyers. I want people to be open and honest when I'm buying a guitar. Example...I just bought a 62RI VOS SG that's in nice shape and it's real, but the first owner apparently thought he'd hang onto the Historical COA and make an inkjet copy. Well the person I bought it from didn't give a {censored} about the COA and never really looked at it. Now I have a nice guitar, but if I decide to sell it, without a legit COA, I'm screwed basically. Every little thing counts when you're describing something like that. I'm pretty sure if he'd taken the time to look at it, he'd see someone made an inkjet copy. Hopefully, I'll get the proper COA, but I wouldn't have paid nearly what I did had I known that in advance. I'm sure your LP is very nice and I hope you sell it.

• Members

Ok we are on the same page.Obviously if I list it for $1700 people are going to be offering $1500. I'm not in a bind to sell. I'll gladly keep it if I don't get a fair price. It's just funny how people jump on your ass here unless your your giving stuff away. Yet the guys who do the jumping usually have their stuff priced high and for sale on here for six months.

• Members

I really dont like it when people include their sales tax in whatever total they come up with...thats not our problem, leave that {censored} out of the equation. Quote the price you paid before sales tax, that is very misleading. Beautiful guitar btw.

Archived