Anybody know of a computer program that will do this?

• Members

What I want is a midi sample library creator. You give it a midi channel, an audio input, and some parameters, then it automatically plays, samples, chops, normalizes, and maps the instrument for you while you grab some lunch. You come back and the whole instrument has been multisampled and it's ready to go to load into any of a list of supported sampler formats. What do you think? Does it exist? Would it be useful?

It could even accept a list of program changes and multisample each one, sequentially. You could effortlessly multisample an entire synth.

Guest Anonymous

Originally posted by program_insect

What I want is a midi sample library creator.

...You come back and the whole instrument has been multisampled and it's ready to go to load into any of a list of supported sampler formats. What do you think? Does it exist? Would it be useful?

i know some people who feel that redmatica's autosampler, for the exs24, is a lifesaver:

http://www.redmatica.com/Site/Pages/AM.php

you could then use a good translator to convert from one sampler format to another, like the redoubtable cdxtract.

• Members

Originally posted by program_insect

then again, one could imagine a scenario where you bought a couple of huge harddrives, then spent a year tracking down, buying, autosampling, and then reselling every synth in existence...hmmm....

instead you could have bought sample CDs featuring these synths to begin with, instead of the hardware. :rolleyes:

• Members

Originally posted by StompBoxLover

instead you could have bought sample CDs featuring these synths to begin with, instead of the hardware.
:rolleyes:

except for the fact that when it comes to properly multisampled synths, nearly every sample CD out there sucks in a leviathan way.

sigh,

aeon

Archived