WTB: Low End Strat ($300-400)

nonis

• Members

I want to buy a strat on the lower end. I'm selling my Hamer Standard (It's so pretty but I'm not really into the explorer style any more) and I don't really want to spend a lot on my new guitar.

So, I want a strat between 300 and 400 dollars. I want it to feel good and sound good, and I don't want a black one. =P I also want SSS preferably.

Anyone trying to get rid of one in that range? I'm looking on ebay too, but I think I trust people here more. =P

• Members

I've got a 2003 Satin Blue/Purple MIM Strat that has a couple of paint issues, other than that it's good. Right now it's HSS but I can send the original bridge pickup and pickguard. Message me if your'e at all interested, $290 shipped. Here's a pic of it currently.

3m73o43p95Ta5P45Raa3c825c2c5397cd1277.jp

• Members

That Squier is tempting but I always hear bad things about newer Squiers. I don't really care about the name Squier as long as it sounds and plays well, and I'm not going to be spending a bunch of money working getting it right... Is that one made in Indonesia or whatever?

Lonnie, do you have any more pictures? I can't really tell the color from that one. =P

Sorry, Sean... I'm not a fan of the black burst. The only burst finish I've ever really liked is the Hamer red sunburst thing.

• Members

That Squier is tempting but I always hear bad things about newer Squiers. I don't really care about the name Squier as long as it sounds and plays well, and I'm not going to be spending a bunch of money working getting it right... Is that one made in Indonesia or whatever?

Lonnie, do you have any more pictures? I can't really tell the color from that one. =P

Sorry, Sean... I'm not a fan of the black burst. The only burst finish I've ever really liked is the Hamer red sunburst thing.

It's made in China actually. I know where you are coming from with the newer Squier thing, but I think if you check the review for the Classic Vibe strat on this site (or any other site) you will be more than confident that you are buying a quality instrument.

• Members

It's made in China actually. I know where you are coming from with the newer Squier thing, but I think if you check the review for the Classic Vibe strat on this site (or any other site) you will be more than confident that you are buying a quality instrument.

The Classic Vibe Squier series will not be in production for much longer, if you ask me. It has to be cutting into Fender USA sales... they're unbelievable guitars. You really need not change anything--pickups, tremolo, pots... nothing needs changed. Perfect guitars in every way. I don't care that the tremolo block is cheap/thin--the guitars play and sound great, period.

• Members

I thought I saw something that at NAMM that introduced even more CVs - I don't know that they will stop making them because TONS of folks have problems playing something with Squier on the headstock. IMHO

I have been VERY impressed with the CV strats - I am going to have to get one or two.

The Classic Vibe Squier series will not be in production for much longer, if you ask me. It has to be cutting into Fender USA sales... they're unbelievable guitars. You really need not change anything--pickups, tremolo, pots... nothing needs changed. Perfect guitars in every way. I don't care that the tremolo block is cheap/thin--the guitars play and sound great, period.

• Members

They did introduce two new ones. And I'm sure they'll be around for a couple of years. But eventually, they'll stop. (MY Humble Opinion this time--its just that history repeats itself and they've done this several times in the past)

• Members

I live in Milwaukee and somehow there have been almost no strats on CL in the last week. There have been a couple american ones and a lot of really cheap squiers but nothing in between. The more I think about it the better that CV is sounding though... Hmmm...

Archived