FS: 1991 Gibson Les Paul Standard (Honeyburst) / 2005 PRS Standard 22 (Blue Matteo!)

Guitar Josh

• Members

A pair of gorgeous and amazing playing guitars! All details below. I will gladly respond to any questions via PM.

THE ONLY, AND I MEAN ONLY, TRADES I WILL CONSIDER ARE 1) A FENDER AMERICAN DELUXE TELECASTER IN SUNBURST WITH A ROSEWOOD NECK; 2) A BOGNER ECSTASY; OR 3) MESA MARK V HEAD. PLEASE ABSOLUTELY NO OTHER TRADE OFFERS!

Pictures here:

http://s24.photobucket.com/albums/c37/DVDJosh/Guitars%20For%20Sale/

1991 Gibson Les Paul Standard

I really doubt you will find a cleaner example of a 91 standard. Gorgeous honeyburst finish and practically zero wear (see the headstock for the tiny nick circled in red, that's about it). Until 2002, Gibson did not have 50/60s necks, all necks were '59 rounded. This one has probably one of the slimmer necks I've played outside of the classic series, definitely closer to 60s than 50s for a point of reference. I have no accurate way to weigh the guitar therefore I am unable to do so (besides, I've never had a single person who's asked me to weight a guitar actually buy it! ). It's a pretty typical 90s era LP, it's not a 10 lb boulder nor a 7 pound chambered.

Notable changes from stock:

* Complete refret done with german steel (Stew Mac) frets in the past six months and very little play since then. You won't need any fret work for years, maybe decades.

* While doing the refret, I had the fretboard planed flat. Most Gibsons have a "ski jump" area of the fretboard where the next meets the body on the upper frets. With the board planed, you can get a very straight neck with little buzz and get very low action. It's just more comfortable to play IMHO.

* Original bridge had collapsed and was replaced with a geniune Gibson replacement a few months ago.

* Pickups are ORIGINAL Wolftone Dr. Vintage pups. These are when he had the magnets hand selected by his magnet expert he no longer works with. They sound miles better than the new Dr. Vs. S/Ns for the pups is in the low 200s. *I WILL INCLUDE THE ORIGINAL PUPS*

The rest of the guitar is stock (tuners, tailpiece, electronics, etc.). Includes OHSC in good condition.

Priced at $1750 shipped. That's a great price considering the fret job and pickup upgrade. I prefer a MO/CC, but will accept PP with split fees. I will NOT use gift, I'm taking a stand against it. My refs list at TGP is a mile long.

2005 PRS Standard 22

This is the famed "Blue Matteo" finish which is now discontinued by PRS. This is a gorgeous example of the finish, which is very difficult to come out right (that's why it's discontinued!). Guitar is in extremely clean shape and fully stock with one important exception - the adjustable pigtail bridge (Stew Mac) that I had professionally installed. THE ORIGINAL WILL BE INCLUDED. I simply prefer the exact intonation an adjustable bridge delivers, plus I think it sounds a bit better as well, could be in my head, who knows Includes OHSC.

There's some guy on eBay who wants $2700 for his C22 in the same color, I think the main difference is a slightly better top and birds. I'll take $1000 less, so...

Priced at $1600 shipped. I prefer a MO/CC, but will accept PP with split fees. I will NOT use gift, I'm taking a stand against it. My refs list at TGP is a mile long.

Archived