Just made 1st purchases from ZZOUNDS and NOVA! I'll never buy MusiciansFriend again

Jeebus

• Members

Yeah, I got my Viscount OB-12 from Zzounds, and it being Italian, well, the 2nd LFO blew up within a few days. Got it replaced without any hassle at all, or cost. Really nice outfit in my book.

When I heard that poor Quasimidi went belly up, I searched and found the last Sirius at Novamusik, along with the Polymorph. They sent it perfectly packed, without a scratch on either, and even threw in a nice T-shirt. They even guessed my size correctly. Another great outfit.

Two thumbs up! :)

• Members

I've had very, very, very good experiences with Zzounds. I've never tried ordering online from anywhere else because zzounds was recommended to me by members of this forum, and I had such easy and proper transactions there wasn't a reason to go elsewhere...especially Musician's Friend, after hearing those horror stories you'd have to pay me to order from them.

EDIT: I've had good experiences with Guitar Center though (I can't help but at least be fair). The GC here in Albany isn't that bad. The kid in the accessories department complemented my choice of DR strings, so he has my vote. Plus, they never hassle you when you ask for unusual gear demonstrations or tryouts. Ever run a Microkorg through a Marshall stack? Come to "The Vault" at GC Albany, NY! :D

• Members

I actually got into a bit of an arguement with one of the Nova (No Va! Get it?) employees over the price of the Q+. I called them about getting their old price of $2700, but they told me some BS about exchange rates blah blah and that I would have to pay them $3100 if I wanted the Q+. Luckily Guitar Center was happy to provide me a Q+ for the price I was looking for. Oopsie.

• Members

Actually....

I've ordered many things from MF... gotten some great deals on some small items (Ultimate Aphex w/ Boom mic for $129 and free shipping for instance). When the price is right I'd buy from them again....

I order from Zzounds when I need something in a fix... I live in NY, they ship from Northern NJ. Order something by 2pm and it's at my door UPS ground the very next day.

AMS has 3 Way and 5 Way EZpay. They will always get my big purchases. I can finance in 3 or 5 payments .... 0% interest. I see a Triton Extreme coming soon. ;)

• Members

Originally posted by Fear My Potato

No interest? Are you serious? Maybe I'll have a Korg CX-3 soon enough!
:eek:

They have a 3 or 5 EZPay plan.... you purchase your item and they break the payment into 3 seperate monthly charges (for items $249-$999) or 5 charges ($999-$3000). So for my Triton, I'll have them break the $1899 into 5 seperate billings to my VISA. Every 30 days I'll have $379 billed to my VISA. I'll then pay off each billing before the 25 day grace period so I don't incur any interest or finance charges. It takes a bit of pre planning, but it motivates me to pay off my gear in a timely manner. ;)

• Members

I have purchased from zzz, AMS, sweetwater, nova, mf, etc with no problems. I have actually become quite a fan of sweetwater. I hate what they are doing with the forums and such. But as a store with items I want, they treat me great as a client. My sales rep will cut prices for me and order items they don't even carry. He is very respectful and knowledgeable! Been very helpful too.

• Members

Originally posted by psychoschism

Is that in response to this?

http://news.harmony-central.com/News/2005/HC-MF.html

Better be careful around these parts
;)

Thanks,

Shawn Cleary

www.analoguehaven.com

No, I sincerely meant that I have had no problems with musiciansfriend. Another regular here also mentioned he's used them many, many times with no hassles. And I do think this particular thread is a little immature and over the top. Sorry Chris100, you know I'm on your side in general. ;)

• Members

Originally posted by Birdienumnum

No, I sincerely meant that I have had no problems with musiciansfriend. Another regular here also mentioned he's used them many, many times with no hassles. And I do think this particular thread is a little immature and over the top. Sorry Chris100, you know I'm on your side in general.
;)

Birdie- I meant the thread title, not your post.

Because as you infer, the thread is a bit ... random to say the least.

Shawn

www.analoguehaven.com

• Members

Originally posted by Fear My Potato

No interest? Are you serious? Maybe I'll have a Korg CX-3 soon enough!
:eek:

IIRC, when I bought and financed my MS2k from AMS, they sold my phone number to some magazine subscription company who called me a couple of times. I was pretty annoyed :mad:

Anyone have the same experience?

• Members

I bought a Alesis ADAT I/O unit from M.F. a few years ago. They sen't the thing to a place I lived 3 years earlyer and 2 spots ago. I had fun trying to figure that one out. There is nothing like looking at the tracking number and it shows delivered and you didn't get it.

I am a little upset with the Local GC, the last couple time I have been in there they have totaly blew me off. I was going to upgrade a few things and planed on buying a Digi002 and they guy just left me in the middle of asking him some of the prices of stuff they didn't have in stock, Virus TI, SE-1X. Nova Musik here I come....

I also am somewhut against GC,Walmart and the chain store's Killing out the local shops. It's a double edged knife because I like stuff cheaper, but I like good service and thats something that never goes hand in hand.

If I want bad service, or basicly serve myself ordering from a one eyed termanal is as close as you can get to self service, I don't need to take my time to go into a shop to be ignored.

• Members

Originally posted by Chao

IIRC, when I bought and financed my MS2k from AMS, they sold my phone number to some magazine subscription company who called me a couple of times. I was pretty annoyed
:mad:

Anyone have the same experience?

I once bought something from AMS and got a year's worth of Guitar Player magazine sent to my house. That wasn't too annoying :cool: but Bass Player or Keyboard would have been better since I don't play too much guitar ;)

When I returned my DSI Evolver to AMS for a refund a few weeks ago (long story) it was totally painless.

Archived