FS/FT Gretsch 7686 Atkins RI (one mo' try)

sumphead

• Members

I'll call this a very rare guitar in that I have never seen another. After months of digging I found a little more info.

here's a quote from the original post:

My senior father has decided to trade off a hellova guitar. He is an avid collector who keeps his gear pristine. Being very tech UN-savy he has asked me to broaden the trade search. He is primarily interested in higher end telecasters, but is fairly open with interests in vintage and the slightly odd.

Trade value in the $1300-$1600 range OHSC, this 7186 RI is awesome. I'm trying to walk him through shooting some better/more pics as well as macro shots of key components. This guitar has very very rarely been played.

NO fret wear and damn near mint. One tiny little chip at the bottom strap button that is only worth mentioning in full disclosure. Not sure of the year, as an RI in limited quantities I have yet to see another. I'll post the s/n when I post more pics. My father and guitar are in Alabama. I am located in Indianapolis, my history here and on HC speaks for itself. I'll promise your happiness with it!

Hands down one of the best HB guitars I have played. Block inlays, Badass intonatable wraparound bridge, and mojo.

2007_1007nc0011.jpg

The new news!

I now have the guitar here in Indianapolis with me. I shot these today and can get more if desired.

-It is a 7686 not a 7186 as i learned when i read the case candy.

-Obviously is has case candy.

-The tiny ding/chip at the rear strap button was caused by a slight over tightening of the strap lock, almost not worth mentioning.

Again, zero fret, square inlays (initially it was to have dice inlays and be called the high roller. Music go round ordered 250 and sold them at $2300!!!

I have never seen another that didn't come from there. blue booked at $1700-$1900 in excellent condition....this is damn close if not.

We have expanded our trade range to include:

-equitable teles

-LPs (trads, classics, standards, etc.)

-Anything vintage in the same ballpark.

- less value plus cash works too.

$1500 to buy, can play with trade value.

IMG_3133.jpg

IMG_3135.jpg

Archived