FT: 2002 Gibson SG Faded, Moons & Ebony, Suhr & Bareknuckle pickups

lovellintn

• Members

2002 Gibson SG Faded with Heritage cherry finish.

Very rare ebony fretboard with moon inlays. (Only made 1 year)

Suhr Doug Aldrich bridge pickup. (nickel cover)

Bareknuckle mule neck pickup. (nickel cover)

Upgraded Grover tuners.

Plays and sounds amazing. Frets have recently been leveled, crowned, & dressed. Fretboard has regularly been oiled. Action is med/low with no buzz and the neck is straight as a arrow. The neck has a 50's profile. Not to big but beefy enough, very comfortable.

This is a players guitar. It is not in mint condition. It has a few minor imperfections that won't photograph due to the nature of the finish(no grainfiller, satin finish). There is a small ding in the lower part of the body next to the volume & tone controls. It is small but visible. There is some buckle rash on the back. There was a previous pro neck crack (not a break) repair done by Joe Glaser. It is stronger now and the touch up is excellent. No issues.

Guitar comes with an Epiphone HSC & fits tight.

All pots & wiring are original with the exception of the bridge volume. The original died and was replaced with a CTS 500k. The original will be included.

I have done several deals here, on the gear page, & rereanch all under user name lovellintn.

Here is a link to my ebay feedback profile.

http://myworld.ebay.com/lovellintn

I'm interested in trading for a Les Paul style guitar.

Gibson, Tokai, Edwards, Greco, etc...

Also interested in other guitars and high end tube amps.

I have a modded USA Hot Rod Deluxe as well. I could throw it in for the right deal. It has: JJ 6V6's (30 plate volts, 22 watts), Dark reverb mod, audio taper volume mod, bright mod, NOS Tung Sol 12at7 in V2, Hellatone 30 watt speaker, footswitch, & cover. Not your average Hot Rod. Sounds unreal.

Shoot me some offers.

Here's pics of the SG

039.jpg

041.jpg

049.jpg

050.jpg

055.jpg

046.jpg

052.jpg

• Members

How is the Aldrich in the SG? Please describe the tone.

The Aldrich is simply stellar. I've owned hundreds of guitars with various pickups from various companies. I can tell you it is a cut above the rest. What's really amazing about this pickup is the response to pick attack. I can go from a fairly clean strum to an all out grind depending on how hard I hit the strings. I've never owned a pickup that would do this. Another nice thing about this pickup is that even though its rated at 17.5k, it still cleans up nicely and still responds to pick attack. The best way to describe this is when you hit the strings hard on a clean signal it sounds like a boost has engaged.

Here is a good video demo:

Archived