FS: 1982 Fullerton factory Fender '62 reissue Stratocaster

• Members

1982 fullerton factory fender '62 reissue stratocaster. serial #V000410, making it one of the earliest known fullerton factory pieces. neck dates to '82 although a little faded because of the pencil numbering, confirming this. for those less familiar with the fullerton factory, it was fender's first return to the pre-cbs leo fender era of making guitars. these are known as some of the best instrument fender produced since '64. built on the pre-cbs machines to vintage spec by master technicians, these instruments play like butter and sound as close as you'll get to a legitimate pre-cbs fender. not to mention, this neck is stamped "J. Torres", one of the most famous fender neck builders ever. just google "j torres fender" and see what people have to say about the quality of his necks.

this particular instrument is in likely 6.5/10 shape. the neck functions and plays wonderful. the pickups sound great. the finish is dinged here and there but excellent for a 28 year old guitar. it appears to weigh about 7.5 to 8 pounds on your average bathroom scale, and quite honestly is one of the lightest high quality wood strats I've ever picked up in my entire life. the downsides: the locking trem system put on by the previous owner. it appears to be high quality kahler trem system and functions perfect. it's actually way nicer than most locking tremolos I've encountered, if not the best. it's just obviously not original. the guitar also needs a setup. there are no dead spots and it plays very well still, it just hasn't been used in some time and could use a fine tuning. other than that, the instrument appears original to my knowledge and would be an easy restore to it's former glory. accounted into the 6.5 rating would be the fact that it's not just missing the original case, it's missing any case. so unfortunately this would be sent without one, unless you wanted to pay the extra cash to get one for it to be shipped in.

other than that, the guitar plays and sounds wonderful and is a super rare specimen. just google fender fullerton reissues and see how rare finding one under production/serial #V000500 is. there's a website paying $300 just for pictures of one. obviously, with this being in less than mint/original condition, I'd be willing to take less than what the current prices are. the last completed on ebay went for $2700ish, and the lower than #500 ones usually will go between $3000 and $5000. being the condition,

$1400 b/o + paypal/shipping fees.

HPIM0195.jpg

HPIM0197.jpg

HPIM0193.jpg

HPIM0188.jpg

HPIM0186.jpg

HPIM0202.jpg

HPIM0198.jpg

HPIM0201.jpg

HPIM0203.jpg

HPIM0177.jpg

if you have any more questions, feel free to ask.

email = Checkerbreath (at) hotmail (dot) com

• 4 weeks later...

Archived