1987 Charvel Model 5FX

Bengal

• Members

This is a nice example of a later model neckthrough Model series. I like to call it "my gay guitar", don't ask.

All stock except the pickups. EMG 81 in bridge, dummy coil in neck. I have the SA but it didn't fit right at the screw hole broke. I have both pieces so I'm sure it could be fixed. These also came with Original Floyd Rose's as well. Black Cherry finish. Comes with grey chainsaw case with 1 latch MIA. $500 shipped.

char1.jpg

char2.jpg

char3.jpg

• Members

Hum.... I could have sworn I read something about them also swaping the trem because of complaints about the JT6 trem but I can seem to find it.

I also remember something about that's why they routed this model too, to accomidate the Floyd and allow pull-ups.

But I really could be wrong. I could be aftermarket. If so, I'm quite pleased because I'm not a fan of the JT6 trem.

• Members

Another bump.

That switchover really, really killed this place. You use to be able to sell guitars here. I also remember when the memebers list looking at the want-ads were filled. Lucky to get 10 now.

And you can't tell me TGPP is doing top business. I get they ask for a fee to sell there but I bet local craigslists outdo sales from THG 6/1.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

Think you might have this in a few months? haha 18th birthdays coming up and my parents are gonna let me get a new guitar and this is a steal h

The way things are going, I'm sure I'll have it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Members

Is anyone trading or selling or buying on this site anymore?

I must admit, I don't come here often anymore since that whole switchover debacle.

I'm just wondering if this site is sit viable as it use to be and not bumping. But a bump comes from it so I look at that as a small little gift. But to be honest, I think I've only had 1 guy interested in this guitar since I've had it up.

So I ask the question, viable or not?

• 2 weeks later...

Archived