FS: Washburn USA Custom Shop X81 Face Eraser (Jon Donais Signature)

brad22386

• Members

SOLD!

Please PM me ASAP if interested.

This guitar is a joy to play. From the way the frets feel while bending and shredding to the beautifully comfortable mahogany C-neck profile, its just an amazing soloist that I wish was still in production. It has some serious body mass (thickness) that makes for some amazing balls to the walls tone that can be heard both acoustically and plugged in (loud & clear). Mine is a few years old but is still lookin brand new, I can't help but want to play it all day, after owning this Axe I will never go back to a lacquered guitar, the natural oil finish really brings out the beauty in the top, body & neck, some thing about the oil finish makes it addicting to want to touch and play.

Jon Donais from Shadows Fall was rocking these as his Signature Model before Washburn dropped his contract. Jon Donais now has an unbelievably expensive as hell version of the X81 with ESP now. The Original USA Washburn Custom Shop x81 Face Eraser sold for $2000 at the most after tax and was top notch quality all around. Can you believe ESP has the balls to charge a whopping $4000 for their version?! . I actually bought this guitar blind from the states with out ever playing one before. I didn't buy this guitar because its a Jon Donais signature model, I personally am not a huge fan of Shadows Fall but I am a huge fan of USA Washburn. Part of what I love about this model is that you wont find Jon's name on it anywhere.

Its a true shame this guitar is no longer in production, I would kill for a Floyd-ed version. This is by far the nicest shredder Axe I've ever played and owned, its much more of a tone/shred machine than my ESP Horizon FR-II. The ESP horizon is an amazing guitar, before it arrived I would have never guessed it would be a better match for me than the Horizon by any means. I was blown away by how the Face Eraser played when I got it.

?

I bought it used and she arrived almost mint except for one thing, she has a slight twist in her neck. I thought at first the twist was causing the intonation issues it was having but after trimming the springs behind some of it's saddles I was able to get her intonated (thank god). Even with its slight twist in her neck she still plays great, no buzzing or issues adjusting the truss rod at all. The twist doesn't effect its playability or feel what so ever. I still have her with very low action and she still sounds and plays amazing, like I said "she plays better than my mint 2010 ESP Horizon in my opinion", its an incredible thing. ?

She sounds and looks beautiful, it's Tung oil finish feels great, you really get the feeling your holding a nice piece of wood in your hands with this kind of finish. Its Flame maple top looks absolutely amazing in person.

Thickness 0.83 inches at the 1st fret, 0.9 inches at the 12th fret & its a C-neck. Its nice and thick but not too thick, but definitely thicker than an ESP thin-U neck. After playing my Face Eraser like crazy since I got it I can tell you one thing, I'll be lucky to find another neck profile that fits my hands so perfectly.

I'm letting her go for 750$ + shipping, which is a crazy low price considering it was 2000$ USD brand new only a few years ago.. If your interested in buying or trying her out then please e-mail me ASAP. I live in North Bay, Ontario Canada. I'm only accepting both US Post and Canada Post money orders.

Please see my review for large pictures and a video---> http://www.sevenstring.org/forum/guitar-reviews/131764-washburn-usa-custom-shop-x81-face-eraser-jon-donais-signature.html

References: Have sold guitars to tim.childers, infmda488 and DarthJester

on the Washburn Forum with no problems (I am brad22386 on the washburn forum).

Washburn X81 Face Eraser Specs:

-Made in the USA Custom Shop

-Black body, neck and headstock binding

-Flame maple top on Body and Head Stock

-Sepele body

-Set mahogany neck

-Ebony fingerboard

-Single volume control

-ABM hard-tail bridge

-String thru body

-All Black hardware

-EMG 81 neck pick up

-EMG 85 bridge pick up

-Jumbo frets

-Sperzel tuners

-Buzz Feiten Tuning System

-Tung Oil Finish on entire guitar

-Double action truss rod

-12" Radius neck

To contact me email me thru my Ad, Link---> http://northbay.kijiji.ca/c-buy-and-sell-musical-instruments-guitars-Washburn-USA-Custom-Shop-X81-Face-Eraser-w-EMG-81-85-W0QQAdIdZ244596693

WashburnUSAX81FaceEraser10.jpg

WashburnUSAX81FaceEraser8.jpg

WashburnUSAX81FaceEraser9.jpg

WashburnUSAX81FaceEraser11.jpg

WashburnUSAX81FaceEraser4.jpg

WashburnUSAX81FaceEraser.jpg

WashburnUSAX81FaceEraser3.jpg

WashburnUSAX81FaceEraser7.jpg

WashburnUSAX81FaceEraser2.jpg

• 2 months later...
  • Members

my price is no longer 500$, I'd be ripping my self off at that price.

It is now 750$ + shipping, which is still a crazy low price considering it was 2000$ USD brand new only a few years ago.. If your interested in buying her then please PM me ASAP. I live in North Bay, Ontario Canada. I'm only accepting both US Post and Canada Post money orders.

Well, its like I said in my review

"I thought at first the twist was causing the intonation issues it was having but after trimming the springs behind some of it's saddles I was able to get her intonated (thank god). Even with its slight twist in her neck she still plays great, no buzzing or issues adjusting the truss rod at all. The twist doesn't effect its playability or feel what so ever. I still have her with very low action and she still sounds and plays amazing".

I only have intonation issues on the low E & G string, its only slightly outta intonation on both strings, barely audible. The twist is truly not that bad at all, she's my main axe for a reason & that's coming from a guitar perfectionist like me.

I'm only selling her because I may have to move, if I catch a break and end up not moving out then I'm going to start building my dream project Axe with the cash. If I was rich I'd keep her for life.

• Members

So you've had it for sale for 3 months and didn't sell it so now you're raising the price by $250........that doesn't sound logical.

Set up a paypal account like the other dude mentioned. I personally wouldn't ever send a money order to anyone here and I'm guessing about 98% of the board feels the same way.

• Members

Well, to be fair it was off the market for 2 months as I had decided to keep it at the time but now I need & want to sell it again. My original price was simply way under priced for what it is period.

$650 is more than fair and I'm not budging. Nothing personal to any one out there but If you don't want it due to my price or because of fear of being screwed over then don't buy it. Paypal protects buyers only, not sellers. There is way to much paypal fraud-scams against honest sellers by individuals & paypal themselves these days, I refuse to use it ever again. Example (read the stories on that site)---> http://paypalsucks.com/

I've sold and bought many guitars using money orders with no problems. I've sold many guitars to many people thru the Internet and in person. Every one I have ever sold to has never had any problems with my products or me, ever..

I've always been very honest in my descriptions of my products and with my prices. I'm not in the habit of screwing people over and I'm not going to start.

I've dropped the price to $650 Canadian + shipping by the way.

Archived