Ibanez EX3700

Guitarmiester

• Members

Rare Ibanez EX3700TP in transparent purple.

- Basswood body

- 1 piece maple neck (bolt on) with maple fretboard

- 22 jumbo frets with very little wear

- TRS Lo-Pro trem

- Gold hardware

- 5-way toggle

This guitar was only produced for a limited run from 93' - 94' and is on par with the old RG550, 570, 750, 770, etc. This particular EX3700 is even rarer because it's a 22 fret model, rather than 24. The guitar plays, sounds, and feels great. Definitely a players guitar and was professionally setup.

$450 takes it. I'll throw in a hard shell case for free. I'd prefer to sell, but I'm open to trades. Any questions, feel free to ask.

http://i55.tinypic.com/2ewjgrd.jpg

http://i56.tinypic.com/w9y72f.jpg

http://i55.tinypic.com/9a00w6.jpg

http://i55.tinypic.com/24o1r7r.jpg

• Members

These guitars are nice.. I have one with a rosewood neck all stock and its pretty wild.. Free bump...Someone is going to get a nice guitar here....

Pics don't do this guitar justice. I hate to sell this, but I don't use it as much as I'd like. Cool to see someone else who uses an EX. It was hard finding any info on these when I bought it.

• Members

Replied.

No longer looking for trades, sorry. Time to downsize, yet again.

Pics don't do this guitar justice. I hate to sell this, but I don't use it as much as I'd like. Cool to see someone else who uses an EX. It was hard finding any info on these when I bought it.

From nonofficial sites, I found that these were supposibly made in Korea, between 1986-1993. There isn't much concrete info out there that I was able to find...Regardless, they are extremely nice guitars and are above par compared to most modern intermediate Ibanez guitars..:thu:

• Members

I was told these were the first run of Ibanez guitars to be manufactured in Korea and were only made for a short run. I'll have to look into that again. I didn't know they were possibly made longer than 1-2 years. I agree, even for being made in Korea this thing reminds me of my old 550 and 770, except this plays even smoother because of the maple neck.

• Members

I was told these were the first run of Ibanez guitars to be manufactured in Korea and were only made for a short run. I'll have to look into that again. I didn't know they were possibly made longer than 1-2 years. I agree, even for being made in Korea this thing reminds me of my old 550 and 770, except this plays even smoother because of the maple neck.

Nope. Those are 93-94 production, which is later in the Korean years. The dead give away on early EX's (these happen to be a guitar I collect...I have 4 of them)...is the headstock logo. The really early ones had unmarked (no model designation) headstocks with the RG style Ibanez check mark logo. The mid year units had a bit different font, and 'EX' was in smaller letters like the RX guitars, and the later units like yours had the large EX logo.

Regardless, that's a nice guitar.

• Members

Thanks for the info! I thought this version was 93' - 94'. I noticed some EX's have the usual Ibanez headstock logo while others are like mine. I knew there had to be something to that, I just couldn't dig up much on these guitars.

I just checked that out. I really like the transparent finishes on these guitars. Too bad Ibanez didn't keep up with them.

agreed amigo! Would you consider trades for another guitar? Im in NJ as well.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Members

Rare Ibanez EX3700TP in transparent purple.

- Basswood body

- 1 piece maple neck (bolt on) with maple fretboard

- 22 jumbo frets with very little wear

- TRS Lo-Pro trem

- Gold hardware

- 5-way toggle

This guitar was only produced for a limited run from 93' - 94' and is on par with the old RG550, 570, 750, 770, etc. This particular EX3700 is even rarer because it's a 22 fret model, rather than 24. The guitar plays, sounds, and feels great. Definitely a players guitar and was professionally setup.

$450 takes it. I'll throw in a hard shell case for free. I'd prefer to sell, but I'm open to trades. Any questions, feel free to ask.

Sorry, not a gold guy. Sharp, though!

Archived