Craig Anderton's Sound, Studio & Stage is moving to HC?

Jeebus

• Members

http://www.musicplayer.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?/ubb/get_topic/f/1/t/025460.html#000000

Starting sometime around the 20th, SSS will be moving over to Harmony Central. As you may know HC was bought recently by Musician's Friend, and they have some ambitious plans about making it a happening resource center for musicians. HC already has quite a community, and they look forward to having SSS become part of it.

This will also allow me to give SSS the time it deserves. I know it's been a bit on auto-pilot lately, but that's about to change now that I can afford to put some serious hours into it.

Thanks very much to CMP for hosting SSS since January 2000, it's been tremendous fun. From what I understand, CMP is going to rework these forums to better serve the readers of their core publications. And of course, what with my writing for EQ and Keyboard, I'll still be showing up plenty to say hi.

Meanwhile, stay tuned for further developments...I'm in the middle of a physical move as well, so things are pretty hectic!

--------------------

Craig Anderton

• Members

Craig Anderton is god!

No, really, I was weaned on the first edition of his "Home Recording for Musicians"--the one with Sting on the cover sitting next to his good ole TEAC 3340 (which I had too)--and all the great articles he wrote for Electronic Musician over...gosh, 20 years? Longer?

This is great news! :)

• Members

I have been a member of the MusicPlayer Forums for a few years now and I am very excited about this merge. I can't wait!!

I hope that the entire MusicPlayer Forums merges with HC. That would be awesome!!!

• Members

I was weaned on the first edition of his "Home Recording for Musicians"--the one with Sting on the cover sitting next to his good ole TEAC 3340 (which I had too)--

LOL. I've still got that book somewhere here in the house! I always wondered if that was Sting. Unlike you Birdie, I only had my crappy, and I mean crappy, Fostex 4 track "ministudio" to record on. I eventually graduated to the Tascam 38 8-track reel machine, but never cornered the elusive TEAC.

Good times.;)

• Members

Originally posted by paostby

It does seem to look like this forum will have one moderator, too. This forum's name will be changed to The Keyboard Corner and the new guy will run the forum.

Not Yoozer & Kiru?

Well, that sucks. Why kick out Y and K, for some new guy who isn't even a regular participant here? :rolleyes:

• Members

Well, the majority of recent fires at HC can be attributed to one or two sources. Hopefully we can stop those fires from spreading.

However, if an active das fuhrer style moderation is what awaits, I imagine HC is going to lose a lot of members in the process.

Of course, these announcements seem awfully close to the announcement that MF has purchased HC. Coincidence? Not likely. It seems like forces are at work to bring the other forums here....market forces that is....

• Members

Originally posted by Gas in the Car?

Yup.

I'm on the SSS and the Keyboard Corner.

CLONK HERE FOR THE KEYBOARD CORNER

So if we're moving, I'll be stopping by here for a beer or two.

Thanks for your hospitality.

Tom - Is There Gas In The Car?
:cool:
Raleigh, NC

I think I will join you Tom,

:)

Greg , formerly known as Trill, now Furrball ( I never liked the name Trill)

• Members

According to a moderator at the musicplayer forums who will also be moving here, they are going to be financially compensated for their moderation duties here. It hardly seems fair to let newbs in and PAY them to moderate us, while Yoozer and Kiru are demoted to regular members, and receive nothing.

:rolleyes:

• Members

Originally posted by Tai Mai Shus

i wasn't saying they weren't doing a good job with the tools they have. But honestly they don't have the power they need to get things back to a balance. That needs to be addressed, whatever that means.

I'm only saying that there doesn't NEED to be any more moderation than we've already had. Kiru and Yoozer do an awesome job with what they have, but its all they NEED to have. If we get into more serious moderation then things will heat up here and probably get worse.

There are a few whine-asses who can't take the joking, off-topic stuff, and the oaysis talk. People who dont have the common sense to move past posts they don't like.

To those I say, "Sorry, but you can't have EVERYTHING the way YOU want it".

KSS is just fine the way it is.

• Members

Originally posted by Smokin-Man

I'm only saying that there doesn't NEED to be any more moderation than we've already had. Kiru and Yoozer do an awesome job with what they have, but its all they NEED to have. If we get into more serious moderation then things will heat up here and probably get worse.

There are a few whine-asses who can't take the joking, off-topic stuff, and the oaysis talk. People who dont have the common sense to move past posts they don't like.

To those I say, "Sorry, but you can't have EVERYTHING the way YOU want it".

KSS is just fine the way it is.

+10000

Archived