Need Cash?? My RG520 and cash for your newer Shredder?

• Members

TRADED Like to find a newer anniversary Ibanez 550 etc.. any higher end/ newer Ibanez, Esp...? Will put cash with my RG520.. My 520 is in good shape with upgraded pups.. X2n and a Fred.. no issues. It is tuned to Drop C at the moment. Solid axe. Lmk what kinda cash u need. Thanks..

gut011.jpg

gut010.jpg

gut009.jpg

gut008.jpg

gut006.jpg

gut004.jpg

gut003.jpg

gut002.jpg

gut001.jpg

• Members

good luck man, nice axe. out of curiosity, how does the x2n sound in a basswood RG? I've got a stock ibanez prestige I'm needing to replace the dimarzio/ibz pick-ups... was considering an x2n, jb, duncan full shred or a dimarzio D-Sonic...

• Members

You do know that the RG520 was the top of the line Ibanez model BEFORE they started calling it the Prestige line, right? All the best wood, hardware, electronics and luthiers Ibanez had to offer went into it. The F on the serial number indicates it was made in the FujiGen plant, Japan. It's also not basswood. It's a mahogany back with a quilted saple top. HUGE friggin tone monster!! They honestly don't get much better than this so trading for a guitar that says "Prestige" is really more of a lateral switch than an upgrade. You're really not gaining anything accept maybe some minor cosmetic differences but that has more to do with tweaks to their models over the years than quality or playability.

Archived